The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Walk around mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marcus Selle
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Marcus Selle
Imagine you are doing walk-around mentalism. What would be your first effect to break the ice and what would you choose to end the performance?

Thanks for your input,
Marcus
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Marcus

Such things depend heavily upon the performer, as an individual as well as the market being worked. If I'm in a Goth club I can assure you that the opening bit will be much more gross or esoteric than it would be in a family diner or coffee house.

Far too many variables... mentalism and bizarre magick are NOTHING CLOSE TO what you may be used to doing finger flinging styled tricks or clown gags.

If you honestly want to do mentalism, especially close up, you need to shift your thinking away from that of being a "Magician" to that of being a Psychic or at the very least, a storyteller who punctuates what he's doing with some cool special effects... or special unseen forces that help make it all occur.

You might want to check out some of the Strivings, Webster and Hilford materials on strolling Mentalism... Ted Lesley has some perspectives on this as well.

Best of luck!
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Walk around mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL