The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Your favorite magic convention is... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Another vote here for Stan Kramiens Magic Jamboree. Always a great time and real intimate as they limit membership to two hundred or so. Went to a WMS once and had such a rotten time I vowed never to go again. Too impersonal, mediocre shows and lackluster lectures. All the good stuff like the school for scoundrels talk, the Gazzo Show and the Pendragon lecture took place after midnight and in rooms that unless you were in the first few rows you couldn't see anything.
PCAM is also a good convention though I've only been to two and since I helped put on the first and won the Pro Challenge at the second I'm rather biased.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
I also went to Kramien's Magic Jamboree and had an absolute blast. Met up w/ some great people and saw some great acts. My favorite performances were by Murray Hatfield, Fukai, Mike Caveny, and Duane Laflin. I have seen Murray Hatfield several several times and he never disappoints me, they have a great act. I would probably have to say they were my absolute favorite of the convention.

The Jamboree was great in many other ways aside from just the shows: lectures, food, etc....

I've gone several years and am never let down.

-Brian Ledbetter
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
The best magic convention would have to be Abbott's! It's such a great convention and it's almost like one big magic reunion when you go. Not only is it in Colon, the Magic Capitol of the World Smile, but it also plays host to one of the best "magic" hangouts of all time, Fivestar Pizza. The World Magic Seminar is great as well. And I'm very interested to see how S.A.M. turns out this year, hope to see you all there!
~Jess
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
I love magic in the Rockies. I have attended large conventions, but now I prefer smaller conventions. If you want a small, intimate convention, come to magic in the Rockies the weekend after Labor Day. About 250 attendees with dozens of dealers. Like people were talking about with Stan Kramien$B!G(Bs Magic Jamboree, you have the chance to sit down to dinner or chat with those doing the shows and lectures. The Prestodigitators put it on and their focus is on the people. They work hard to assure the best possible experience for performers, dealers, and attendees. Go to their website http://www.prestodigitators.com for more information.

Gene Plampin
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I'm going to vote for Stan Kramiens Magic Jamboree. I went there in 2006 and had a great time. I'm registered for 2007. This year they are moving up to April instead of the traditional May dates.

This year we'll being seeing the likes of Mac King, John Carney, Mike Caveny, and the list goes on and on.

Payne! Are you going to be a judge again this year?

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
I am not sure if Payne will Judge or be Judged this year,,,he may just be showing up to compete...I will most likly be a judge again thios year...it was nice meeting you last year. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
FFFF

Midwest Magic Jubilee

TSD
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Kenardo1
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Kenardo1
MAGIC Live! offers surprises like no other convention I have been to. They do not announce the acts on their show or what's going on in each morning and afternoon program. Everything is a surprise. For example, their last close-up show was an amazing production - the bar magician performed in a bar, the trade show magician performed in a trade show booth, the strolling restaurant worker worked a restaurant setting. In the bar, the bartender was making drinks and all of a sudden started juggling the shakers like Tom Cruise did in "Cocktail"; it turns out she was a ranked champion in the field.

FISMs really depend on the host country. Go if it is ever in Holland. FISM 1988 and 2003 were fantastic! I feel that the FISM committee let many people down in Sweden last year. I sure did not feel it was worth the trip to watch most of the magic on television. I did feel that the FISM committee's goal last FISM was to make big bucks rather than produce a classy, well organized event. The way the winners were treated at the Awards Presentation was degrading to them, the attending crowd, and to our art.

As for regional conventions, I really enjoy Hank Lee's Cape Cod Conclave. Hank really tries to put on a good show and usually succeeds. I have never been disappointed at one.

One day I hope to go to Abbotts.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I would have to go with Jcards And Antony! F.F.F.F.! There is nouthing like It! Smile!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
So Im a little partial to Magi-whirl in dc april 13th and 14th 2007
Mike Taggert
magi-whirl2007 coordinator
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Your favorite magic convention is... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL