The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Hey everyone, I am interested in starting ring on rope magic. I know many of the basics but could someone give me a great book that deals with this. Thanks a lot, any help would be appreciated.
SanCho
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Just to clarify things...
Finger ring?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
If it's finger rings, there's stuff throughout the literature. I'd highly recommend Ray Grismer's video "Ray's Ring & Rope Routines" available from Jeff Busby Magic. Ray virtually invented finger ring and string magic, and a lot of the stuff others have put out is Ray's, usually without credit or permission. Greg Wilson also has a good vid on this topic, teaching a lot of Ray's moves, some with credit.

If you're talking larger rings--harness rings, bangles, bracelets, linking ring singles, etc, THE book to get is Phil Wilmarth's "The Ring & Rope" book. There's also lots of this stuff in the literature by Aldo Colombini, Flip, Rink and many others, but this book has nothing but ring & rope stuff. If you're looking for a single resource devoted to this topic, this is the book to get.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Jazz- Yes finger rings, sorry I was not more specific.

Scott- Thank you for all the references I will be sure to check some of them out.

Thanks a lot.
SanCho
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Mark Leveridge's Ring and String routine is one of the best. It's No.6 in his Master Routine series:

http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/shopfrnt.html

If you search the discussion boards there are several threads discussing the merits of this particular routine.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Hey everyone, I have bought Greg Wilson's "Ringleader" and I really enjoy it a lot. Thanks for all the suggestions!
-SanCho
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
SanCho where did you get Greg Wilson's Ringleader?! I've been searching high and low for it!
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
I was in LA and stopped by Hollywood Magic Inc. they had two copies of the video in stock on their shelf. This wasnt too long ago so if you contact them soon you may find it! Good luck. Here is the link to their website.

http://www.hollywoodmagic.net/

SanCho
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring on Rope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL