The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I need a Couple of Reviews PLEASE, thanks, Ed, (Eddini). (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well, I wanted a review for Erazed, but, I found some by doing a search. This stuff by the way is from Demos I saw at Elmwood Magic. A couple of things here, I'll just mention what I liked and don't need a review on.

Stuff I liked are...

1. Ghost Deal - I loved this demo. I figured it out, but I really LOVE THIS. It reminds me a little bit of Darwin Ortiz's Wild Card effect, which I kept losing myself in the middle of it in the learning process. I love the use of the Big Card in this (It's NAUGHTY, I tell you, NAUGHTY...NAUGHTY...NAUGHTY...lol), it's logical why it's there too. This is a great effect, I could do. I don't own it, so this ISN'T a review of it, which is by Peter Duffie I believe.

2. Gun-Ho Box - I love this, and how is works (which is basic), but I love the look of it, and the price. It looks real well made.

3. Rene Lavand's Trick From One Of His DVD Demos - This BLEW ME OUT OF MY MIND !!! He was demontrating a trick, a Greek guy taught him. Essentially, he showed like 4 or 6 cards printed, no funny bussiness, then without cover or funny moves they turned blank. He even rubbed the cards on the table, I guess to show only single cards. I have no idea how this was done. I think he printed them again. I also like his trick with the cup and three balls.

Well those are just demos I was real impressed with. Now what I need reviews on are...

1. Appearing Rose - I tried doing a search, but SO MANY links were found. This is done with a big red silk. I'm not too sure how it's done, but it's pretty, as well as pretty amazing, and the price seemed real low for such a clean effect. I need a review on this, Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
Hye eddini,
I don't have the rene lavand dvds. BUt I also saw the greek guy trick . MAN , what a trick. But what I think made it so cool was the patter and the timing. I worked it out just watching the demo like hundred times. Anyway check out mcdonalds aces. I think this will give you some ideas. oh and you will also have to use a sleight that darwin ortiz uses in his cannibal cards. It is in the last phase. Once you figure it out you will realize it is average. IMHO. But with the patter and some style.I like it soooooo muich but I wouldnt be able to use the patter so I have been trying to make it work for me. Use I havent ever been to madrid. or any of the romantic places Rene has. Like "the light house at the end of the world". But this line I think I might haVE TO STEAL. So big ups and thanks a lot Rene for the lines and stuff.
later
Bill
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Cannible Cards? I haven't seen Darwin's Cannible Cards. Aren't You talking about the Wild Card as I mentioned above for the Ghost Deal Trick? No, The Greek Card Trick just FLOORED me. I thought of the paddle move but just with cards, but I saw both the front and back, before they turned blank front and back...lol. It's just so VERY BAFFLING. Mr. Rene Lavand is SOOO GOOD, especially being One-Handed. He's a True Artist. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
Sorry for the garbled post. It seems to me that the basic trick is a lot like mcdonalds aces. In that trick there are some gaffs that I think Rene uses in his greek Gambler trick. In the darwin ortizs cannibal cards, he uses a bottom deal at the end. "the last phase". So I think mcdonalds aces and the bottom deal you should be able to work it out. But if not buy the dvd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I need a Couple of Reviews PLEASE, thanks, Ed, (Eddini). (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL