The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping Half Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GetJet
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of GetJet
Hi, I was wondering what kind of switch would be the best for letting the spectator handle the coins (regular) before switching the gaffed ones and start the routine.
I thought of starting with the gaffed coins in left finger palm and to do a fake transfer (shuttle pass type).Any other ideas?
Thanks
spherie
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of spherie
Shuttle passes and false transfers are solid "tools" for your idea. You could also try some kind of one-handed exchange, that would pretty much fool your audience. Maybe when you do a gesture?

Spherie
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I do the non-sleight c/s in BoBos a couple effects before the halfs. I hand them out and make sure they get tired of looking at them. A couple effects later I pull them out and say Hey, you remember our old friends the copper and silver coins... and then you end clean with the halfs. It gets rid of all the suspicous moves till you master the sleights.

Never been called on it yet and both sets are getting beatup and worn.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Why use gaffed coins at all?
If you would prefer to use regular coins, keep an eye out for my No-Gimmick Hopping Halves in my Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine.
Like my No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda, it eliminates the gaffed (and, in some cases, OBVIOUSLY gaffed) coins and, as such, needs no time for reset.
Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
No matter what switch you do, timing is everything.

Make sure you do it on the off-beat...during the "pre-trick" set up time. You know, that time before the audience realizes the trick starts, but for you, the trick is already done?

Was that confusing?

Don't do a flying shuttle either...that wouldn't work with a hopping half gimmick.

Best,
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
I use the french drop as a means of swtiching the gimicked coins, its pretty useful and almost inflaible.

Magicman01462
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hopping Half Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL