The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card on Ceiling - Solutions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Hi guys, I would like to know if you have any other ideas, than thorw the deck on TOPIT or throw again on the ceiling, when the card don't stick on the ceiling on the first time.

Thanks for the patience to post here!

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Practice it until it does stick every time.

I know that sounds like the obvious answer, but it really is the best, I think. I think to throw a deck twice would kill the effect, and from the Card to Ceilings that I know, it would be ruined anyway when the card didn't stick.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
The card sometimes don't stick even with the MASTER Michael Ammar, so I pratice this for about 4 years, I don't think this is the best answer. But, THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR OPINION ! Smile

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Hehe, I know man ...sometimes... it happens. I'm just saying that you can cut down that fact tremendously by practicing it like any sleight. Do you practice the effect like you would a double?

I guess I don't have anything usefull to add then, SORRY FOR MY OPINION! Smile
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
If your card doesn't stick to the ceiling every time I can see 3 possible problems.
1) The elastic bands you are using are too small and wont relinquish their grip on the card. They have to be size 14 which is perfect for a poker sized deck.
2)Your throw may be incorrect, either not enough spin on the deck or possibly not a flat enough throw, so that when the deck hits the ceiling one of the edges hits first.
3)Your ball of wax could be of the wrong kind (always use Ammars card on ceiling wax) or possibly it could be too small. Or even a combination of all 3 things.
Hope this helps.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Mesquita,
I've noticed in these forums, people often will give their opinion on your technique or what you're doing wrong even though they have never seen you perform the effect and not actually answer the question that was asked. Most of these people are usually trying to help in their own way, other times, people just want to look like they know everything. I don't think that was necessarily the case with these responses, but anyway, if I don't give you a suggestion soon, I'm going to end up doing the same thing... sooooo...

I've thrown again before. It's not as effective, but in a pinch, it's better than just moving on to the next trick. I realize, however that you asked for ideas INSTEAD of throwing again... hmmm....
you could say something funny like "just wanted to test the durability of the ceiling, then go for card on forehead, card on back of hand, etc... or....
you could say "wow! That failed miserably... that WAS going to be a cool trick." Then go into another attempt to find the card that you screw up (pretend to cut to it and miss or whatever." Then say "forget this! I can't seem to do anything right!" toss the deck over your shoulder (if there is a wall behind you) If you practice, you should be able to make it stick to the wall most of the time, and if you mess that up, it will just look like you were trying to be funny and mess with them. Hope that helps.
Dann
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
I've had to throw it twice and it didn't hurt the performance at all. if anything it helped build it. I do have a good story of something that will probably NEVER happen again. I was with the SAM club we had in Germany and we were out having dinner. The president of the club, Warren Walsh, decided to do card on the ceiling. In this little restaurant there was a high ceiling with crossbeams. He hit the crossbeam dead on and the card stuck but the rest of the cards slid past the beam and landed on top totally out of view. Not only did he do the card on the ceiling he did a total vanish of the deck at the same time. It all happened so fast that nobody had a clue including Warren LOL.
enjoy!
Joe Comet
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks guys. Maybe I need to do what I said.. Topit or Throw again ( Michael Ammar, does this too... ) Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has another opinion,please post here! Smile Smile
Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
AS Far as the Wax....I try to have the wax prepared into a Tear Drop or Hershey Kiss type shape. Meaning have the fat end attached to the deck and the skinny part is the side that hits the ceiling... It helped my hit ratio increase and I also use it for coin on ceiling.
onezero1
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of onezero1
Don't THROW IT TWICE!!! When the card sticks on the second throw, people really ARE going to understand that you failed to get a result (which they now know) on the first throw.
Now you are "trying some stunt".
The first throw comes out of nowhere, its a totally unexpected thing to do with a deck of cards. If you have to throw again you are "trying".
And do not do it in pub toilets. Unless you present it with a haiku about falling cherry blossoms. And boy, are they eager to have a look at that card.
'though it stands to reason that a samurai should be mindful of the Way...it would seem that we are all negligent.
Magic Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Sam
Similar to Comet, a friend of mine had a great COC moment a few years ago. At a trade show, where the room had office tiles on the ceiling, he threw the deck...the card stuck, but the force of the throw pushed the tile up, the deck went into the ceiling, and the tile fell back into place. Card on ceiling + vanishing deck = completely blew everyone away.

As for your problem, of course you should throw it twice. Just say something about trying to scare the card into jumping out; no one knows where it's going to jump. Onezero, once it sticks they're amazed anyway, obviously it's a 'stunt' but they still don't know how you got their card from the middle of the deck to stick on the ceiling. If it doesn't stick on the second throw, be prepared to do the Vanishing Magician trick.
Magic is like a party in your eyes, where everyone's drunk and breaking the furniture
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Has anyone done the signed bill on the ceiling? I've used this quite a bit over the years and it's a good change from time to time.
Enjoy
Joe Comet
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Whatever and however much you practise the card will occasionly not stick even if its once out of 20 performances ,what I do is the alternative version where the cards are put in the box (its in Ammars notes) then if card doesn't stick the card will flutter to the floor and reveal it self which to an audience who doesn't know whats going to happen still seems impressive .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card on Ceiling - Solutions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL