The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tony's Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
We went to see Tony Parisi lecture for the SAM #161 in NJ on Monday night. Well done Tony!
Tony's lecture was a good, strong intro to escapes. He gave everyone a lot of solid stuff to build on. Where was this lecture when I was starting out, would have saved me a lot of time?
By the way, Tony, thank you for the confidence you showed in my skills. In the second half of the lecture he asked me to help him with a chain escape then he put me in a rope tie. Takes a big man to share his stage so freely.
Still, everytime Tony cuffed someone as a demo I heard .."Bad boys, bad boys..what'ca going do?...." playing in my head. Other than that it was a good lecture. Smile

Morgan
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks Ms. Morgan, both for starting this thread and also for coming out to support me. I meant to post about it myself but it's just been another one of those weeks. It was really great meeting you and John Bundy and I would like to openly thank Scott Leavitt and all the guys down at SAM#161 for having me lecture and coming out in support of Escapology. Even though we only got about halfway through the curriculum, everyone seemed to be very enthusiastic and I recieved many nice comments about how they would like to have me back, and how they would recommend the lecture to other rings and assemblies and how this(escapes)was so different from their usual lectures. One gentlemen even commented that the one thumb tie I showed him was "alone, worth the price of admission." I also seemed to generate some interest in WEAR as well as the Cannon's convention this October. So if I helped to inspire even one new Escape Artist, I will consider that lecture..Mission Accomplished. Oh, and one last thank you to Ms. Morgan for being kind enough to share the stage with me. I appreciate the compliment, but it's always a good idea to bring up a beautiful lady whenever possible, and if all you guys can believe this out there, Ms. Morgan is even more stunning and charming in person, and it was well worth doing the lecture, just to get the opportunity meet her (although as a matter of record I did NOT turn down the check when they offered it Smile ) In conclusion, I would certainly recommend to anyone here to consider lecturing to your local magic clubs as I found the overall experience to be very positive, well recieved, and very self motivational. I can hardly wait until my next lecture.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Looks like you had better book a run of lectures over here in the UK,,,most of ours are boreing old farts doing card tricks (Except Mr Hanzlik of course). I have lectured in the past and it scared the living crap out of me,,,me hates magicians,,,,so to actualy do it and like it is some kind of achievement,good luck in your new found talent,,,,and stop eating the do`nut`s.

Ken.
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
You are too kind Ken. We should exchange lecturers. I'll do the US, and Tony can come over here. Any offers???

Mick
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey Tony, Do you ever come to the Los ANgeles Area? Ring 96 is always looking for a good lecture. If it is yes, I will put you in contact with our secretary.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks Ken, I've been itching for a trip to England. If I could defer the cost with a couple of lectures that would be great. Mick, a trade would be great, but only if it's not at the same time so I can attend your lecture. Hey Cliff, I appreciate the offer and I would love to do it but you couldn't do better that having Mark Cannon lecture. He was the inspiration for me to give it a try. If he's too busy, I'ld be happy to do it on my next trip to LA. PM me the secretary's info and I'll send out some promo material.
Tony
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Tony,
You are too kind..with compliments like that your going to give me a big ego. Thanks Smile

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Here's a few pictures from my SAM lecture in New Jersey last month. I believe there's even one of John Bundy and I tieing up Ms. Morgan. Enjoy guys! I'm the chubby guy all in black!
http://www.sam161.org/sam_161_041105/index.html?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Nice collection of photos. Looks like it was a fun event. Good job Tony (and Ms. M)!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hey, I like the Hannibal Lechter look, very impressive, and very stringing to an audience.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks for the comments Cliff and Mr. Murphy. Yes it was a fun group to work with. I had a good time. I usually put the Hannibal mask on the volunteer when I'm teaching the jacket. I try to keep the mood light and enjoyable to show everyone how much fun Escapes can be and it always makes for a fun photo opportunity.
Thanks again, Tony Parisi
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hey Tony,

Did Riley's package arrive at the hotel, before your lecture?

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Shawn, yes actually it did. But I was running so late I forgot all about it and after meeting Ms. Morgan I was lucky to remember my own name(do you blame me?) so I didn't pick it up until a week later. As it was, we really didn't get a chance to cover too much handcuff stuff other than some shimming and Mark Tripp's Subterfuge method so I never got around to that ingenious device of Riley's, but the club said that they would like to have me back for "part 2" so I'll be sure to cover it then. I do greatly appreciate the effort that you and he made to get it to me on time. I just had too much material. Oh well, live and learn. But thanks again buddy, and you too Mr. Riley! I really do appreciate it!
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I'm happy that it got there Smile

Glad to know you had no lack in material, you da man Tony. Another great guy that we can one day say, We knew him when...

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tony's Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL