The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No fear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I was simply using it as an example.

The question I was trying to get across was: are there certain types of people you avoid performing for and, if so, why?

I was trying to use the example of a stereotype to add imagery to my question thus making it easier to understand.

Point taken, though.

Although I never stated my views on what kind of a (fictional) person this large chap was.

I simply gave a physical description and asked if you would appraoch him.

I would.

I just wanted some more opinions, which I would like to thank everyone for.

Any more for any more?

Gonz
Hello.
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Gonzolo, If you charged, even a nominal fee for your services, you might be able to make it out of Marquette, Kansas Smile
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
To you answer you question, no, there is no individual or group I would to approach. Oh, sure, maybe a group of magicians.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I often perform in front of some pretty scarey folks - and they dont always want to hear what I have to say. And If I am out to show them up, then I may as well start checking to make sure my medical coverage is up to date.

But when I am out to entertain - then I look for ways to put the most unlikely one(s) in the group into Hero Position. I have them become my "cohert" of the moment, get them involved, make them an Insider, and even let them take the applause and Glory. And a good time is had by all - except my Doctor who has to wait a little longer, until my next ego trip because he has to put me back together again.. Smile

And afterwards, the ones I was most fearful of, are often the ones who bring their friends around, and say "you should see this guy, he is great." (whether I was or not...)

But there certainly are some folks that I have to pass by more than once, before I am up to taking it to them. So I just keep reminding myself why I am doing all this in the first place... (acquire effects, practice, go out, etc) It is about entertaining and talking to people.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
JaymesR
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
53 Posts

Profile of JaymesR
Tom thank-you for the advice. Though I do try to challenge the "audience" I'm sure that on occasion I may have come across that way (purely unintentional). I'll have to keep a closer eye on my ability as a "entertainer" first and not so much on doing magic. Thank-you Smile
clunk_71
View Profile
New user
Burton-on-Trent England
99 Posts

Profile of clunk_71
i think the 400lb guy with all the metal and his girly make-up was at the last blackpool convention so he`s probably seen it already....then again it might just be best to keep away anyway.

BUT on the otherhand he may feel left out and socialy downtrodden, so he might appreaciate it more than half the drunken morons that try to make our lifes hell out there. sooooooooo give it a go. Smile

Lee

leepalmer@orange.net

p.s. i cant help myself when i`m out and not workin i leap on anyone who wants to see something cool !!
Best regards, Lee
leepalmer@orange.net

Only do what your good at....and then everything you do looks good
N14
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
78 Posts

Profile of N14
I use to have a green/red, 20cm high, mohawk or 15cm high, blue spikes. My ears are pierced about 21 times, my nose 3 times. I have a piercing in my tongue, and one in each nipple. And have a tattooed snake crawling up my leg.

Sorry I don't wear make-up.

But I love magic.

:angel:

I hope you got my point
MagicJuanson
View Profile
New user
Newbury Park
4 Posts

Profile of MagicJuanson
In response to the couples "dilema", I understand that some men may feel that you are "hitting" on there girlfriend or making an approach to them. I have found that if you approach the man first, it shows respect for him, and that you really have no interest in his girl. As Tom said, you are not there to challenge, but too "share the marvels of the world around us."

-Magic
korneille
View Profile
New user
québec/canada
44 Posts

Profile of korneille
Great topic!

First of all, I use to be a punk

and perform for them (an opening act for punk and heavy metal bands).

I use to have a prejudice toward people wearing suits !!! Smile I use to think that if satan was on this earth he probably wear a suit!

But I was wrong! Lots of nice people sport different cloting, earings, color, etc.

It is like racism! It is wrong!!! Don't Judge a person by his looks but by talking with them.This is the best way to see if they are the right participant for your magic!

This is just my 2 cents Smile

create!!
"if we don’t take action now we settle for

nothing later we’ll settle for nothing now

and we’ll settle for nothing later!"

rage against the machine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No fear (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL