The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The difference between cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I noticed that the standard bicycle card is a # 808, are there other numbers? What do the numbers mean? Are these numbers used for other cards like Bees?

And another question. In your opinion, what is the best card for doing each of the following:

Tricks where sleights such as palms are necessary

Flourishes.

I love the way the Bees and bikes spread, however I picked up the bikes, simply because I just ordered 2 black tiger decks, and to negate a card would be a really cool trick. The faces of the cards probably are not the same as Bees, I didn't really pay much attention to that.
The Presitidigitationist
Jared Lemons
View Profile
New user
Dandridge Tn
53 Posts

Profile of Jared Lemons
For flourishes I would recomend Bess for two reasons:1. They spread a lot more evenly and do not clump when your are trying to do a fan. 2. They don't have any white borders. But if you want cards for doing magic I think Bikes are the best because if you get bees and put two cards back to back for a trick the red will show up therefore messing up your wholee trick.
Magic is a vanishing art and it is our job as magicians to make it reapear.
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
Hey you live in TN? Cool, I live in Chattanooga. I have no idea where dandridge is tho lol
The Presitidigitationist
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
I wouldn't recommend Bees for any tricks because they have no white border on the backing, making double lifts and such very noticeable.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
You definately want Bee's for three card monte.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Bees are good for routines involving second-deals, center-deals, and bottom-deals.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
^You're right. The backing would mask those moves well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The difference between cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL