The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 21 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Well, I'm turning 21 tomorrow.

Reed McClintock, you told me when I was 17 to come see you wherever you are performing in Portland once I turned 21. So, where you performing at now?

Anyway, my grandfather is turning 90 two days after my birthday. So we are gonna have a nice big barbecue tomorrow for the both of us.

My girlfriend bought me some U2 tickets last month. The concert is in December!

I bought myself Dan Garrett's "Close up Connivery" and Dreamweaver. I have not really celebrated my birthday for the last few years. So tomorow I think I am due for a change. Wooo! Smile

Can't believe I started reading this website when I was 17. Time flies when you are enjoying the Café. (Hehe, time flies made me think of Acer's "Money Flies"...)

Anyway, I have decided to go see Kung Fu Hustle tomorrow night with a big group of my friends. Think I should?

Brian
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Have a Nice One Brian...Geez ...21..I can't even remember back then..I'll be 60 and retiring in July.Give my congratulations to Grandpa..Hope I make 90.

heers
Howard
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Happy Birthday to you Brian and your Grandfather.
Enjoy the barbecue and have a beer for me Smile .
I do hope that both you and all of your loved ones have many more to come.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Happy B-Day man
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Happy Birthday Brian! Wow...you are legally an adult....responsibility...scary! Enjoy your weekend and especially all the goodies in store for you. If you're feeling gracious I'll happily accept the U2 tickets! Enjoy man!

Best,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I recently discovered I have 10 Grand children and 11 Great grand children...My beloved 32 year old wife is now a wicked stepmother and a step-great-grandmother.
Time flies.
Slim "The Weary Wizened Wizard of Was" Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Happy Birthday Brian!

U2 tickets? Wow, they sold out weeks ago here in Vegas. Did she have to wait a long time to get them?

Shane
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I got another birthday gift. A $215.00 cell phone bill from Cingular Wireless. Smile I forgot about roaming when I drove to California last month. Life is grand...
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 12:57, Brian Proctor wrote:
I got another birthday gift. A $215.00 cell phone bill from Cingular Wireless. Smile I forgot about roaming when I drove to California last month. Life is grand...

Cingular sucks anyway. I wish I didn't leave Verizon. I go to Cingular, they cost a little bit less but the phone I got with them is crap and I don't get service ANYWHERE. So much for raising the bar....
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I spent my 21st birthday in the Magic Shop in Circus Circus with a magician named Larry. I don't remember his last name. I remember that he is a vet (Vietnam) and wore cool shoes. He moved to the east coast shortly thereafter. Great guy, and I miss him.

And I don't regret a minute of that time we spent. Larry introduced me to Frank Garcia books...that I still have and ponder. That was in 1984.

Hey, Brian. Enjoy your birthday, bud. It's not every day you turn 21.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thank you guys for all the well wishes. I had a good time with my family and friends. My friends tried to get me to drink. I didn't want to. I was driving. Smile *Good boy Brian...*
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Happy Belated Birthday! (Sorry, I haven't been around this end of the Caf. for a bit.) Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Wishing for the best,

Daniel
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Well I am a little late for reading this post and responding but better late than never. I have a gift for you in my Jeep, I am working at Dantes on Sunday nights from 10.pm to 2 a.m Email me when you want to come and I will put you on the guest list. Also arrange for you to head up to the V.I.P. area if you would like. Never know what famous person or persons will show up on Sunday nights. Keep in mind we pack out with roughly 500 people. If there is a line just go to the door guys and tell them you are with me and on the LIST. Boy sounds so glamerous, not really that is just how things work I guess. There is one other piece of info you'll need but I will give that to you when I hear from you. If I take my Motorcycle I may have to give you your belated present a little later. let me know happy belated b-day
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Reed, You is da man! Thanks for the invite! I will certainly head down there to check out the scene!

Brian
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Can't beat that! Reed has a cool style about him.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
By the way, your wife will love ya for the stamina and youth that Korean quisine brings ya. That is for mowing the lawn of course.

I'm now twice your age minus 4 years and had this avatar photo taken 3/30/06. Oh and their food is soooooo good! Yum. I'm forever grateful. And never forget the steam rice and Kimche!
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Brian,
Happy Birthday!
Did you see Kung Fu Hustle? I saw it a few times already and really like it.
What did you think about it?
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 12:57, Brian Proctor wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me when I went to NY a few years back. When Cingular started with their "no roaming, no long distance" plan, I think I was one of the first to sign up! Saves a bunch of money! I also like their Rollover minutes. Think I have about 3,000 rollover minutes, so I'm never worried about when, where, with whom, or for how long I talk. It's also great now that I'm living in a 901 area code and still have my 501 area code phone (keeps my family from having to call long distance). I do get spots where service is unavailable, but, believe it or not, my cheap little TracFone (with a 901 area code) has service where Cingular doesn't!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well I didn't have a cell phone when I was 21. Years prior, when they became readily available, I think we called it 'THE BRICK' as the phone weighed what 37 pounds was about a foot long and six inches wide.

Now those were some serious bills!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Randy, my kids and I were watching the dvd of Sky High. The "alternate opening" has a scene where Jetstream (as her alter-ego real estate agent) answers her phone (The Brick). My older son asked me what that was, and I told him that's what cell phones looked like when they first started becoming available to the general public at a reasonable rate. He was a bit surprised, so I countered with "yeah, and when I was growing up, we didn't have home computers, microwaves, cable tv, or dvd players." My younger son's comment to this was, "Gee, Mom, you ARE old!" If looks could kill....

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 21 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL