The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dollhouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Since you asked, It looks like we can bring this puppy in for $29.95 retail. That's five bucks less than the old printed plans, and this will have so MUCH more material. Live action footage of not only the Doll House, but the Sword Temple, a couple of sword boxes, and my Horse Production Illusion. Lots of detailed discussion of the elements of design which go into making these illusions so deceptive. Drawings for the doll house that you can print out to build from, etc. There will be discussions of setting up the break-down illusions, trouping on the road, how to rehearse with your assistant, etc.

We're shooting for early July. I'd like to have some when I attend the IBM Convention in Reno... but everything will have to fall into place easily to make that deadline. It's more important that it be good, than that it comes to market asap.

Thanks for your interest, guys. Watch for the full page ad in MAGIC magazine.

Dennis Loomis
P.S. I'm not sure that my bowl of water production is going to make it onto this DVD. There's a connection as to why I wanted to include it, but it looks like we're running a little long. If not, I may just put the details on my Web Site.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
I actually own a Dennis Loomis Dolls House. It is simply awesome. I was never a fan of the Dolls House until I saw this. It's so terribly deceptive you can't believe your eyes. I can't say enough positive things about it!
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
Any updates as to the anticipated release date of the DVD?
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Sure...Dennis....All the best and please PM me and tell me where its available so that I can buy one. Bye.
Jon Gower
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
33 Posts

Profile of Jon Gower
Dennis, any updates on the planned DVD release?
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Dennis, the magic world is waiting. When is the release date?
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Yes, I would like to get your DVD too. I have been wanting to build a dollhouse for some time and I think your DVD will help me a lot.
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Dennis,

Please add me to your list of eager patrons awaiting your DVD.

Dan.
Zakari Asiago
View Profile
Regular user
Panhandle of Florida
183 Posts

Profile of Zakari Asiago
Mr. Loomis please let me know when the DVD is done also. Thanks
Zakari Asiago

401 South Ave.

Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Mr. Loomis,

Seems to be great interest in your DVD. I too would like to purchase it.
Please let us know when all is ready.

Thanks!
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Thanks to several of you that helped me light a little fire under my video guy, he's back to work on the Doll House DVD. I help when I can, in fact I'm doing the grunt job of cleaning up the audio files (some 60 of them) one at a time. We have a good start on the overall editing of this project, we need to shoot a few more segments (probably can do them all in a half-day) and they we need to add the music, make titles, do the authoring of the menu, and it can go to the duplicator. I think we're going to use a new duplicator right here in the Bay Area so that we can pick them up as soon as they are ready.

Point is that there is still a lot to be done, but this is going to have a ton of information. Not just on the Doll House, but on the Sword Temple, Hindu Basket, and DL Horse Production illusion as well. Lots of still, lots of live action video, and all of the schematics will be printable by putting the DVD in your computer. With this new version, permission will be granted to purchasers to use my presentation if they like.

Thanks for you help, guys.

Denny Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Keep us updated.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Denny,

Thanks for the update. I can't wait!

Dan.
extremagic
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of extremagic
What would be the main difference from the usual Doll House? What sets this one apart from the rest?
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Is there a latest update on the release date yet? Would appreciate some news on the latest development of your production.Thanks an looking forward to a great dvd.
Maps
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Hey, Dennis,

You may remember you and I sent some e-mails back and forth a few months ago regarding whether we'd had the same idea on the dollhouse. Turned out we were on totally different pages, but, after what you were kind enough to share with me, I'm really really looking forward to your DVD!!!!!

Best regards.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Extreme,

The main difference in Dennis' design is his clever use of "forced perspective" to create the illusion of depth, and a truly empty prop. This come from both the design of the prop, and the paint scheme.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dollhouse (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL