The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Advice you feel beginners should know. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Another good bit of advice I think would be, don't look for the 'holly grail' of effects. One day, it will find you.

I think that last bit was a bit esoteric, maybe I should say, you will just stumble upon somthing and make it so very much your own, it is yours. Like Uri and spoon bending. Derren and Mind Control.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I agree with Greg and the nerd magician situ, but also with Rick and others with regard to slip-ups.

Slip-ups or as we tend to prefer in the UK, cock-ups (Freudian slip?) are fantastic for learning how a thing works.

I've also noticed that the saying 'never make the same mistake twice' doesn't work for me. I always make the same mistake and quite often more than once or twice.
But y'know what? My recovery rate gets faster and faster each time, until people don't even see when I make the mistake any more.

Amen't I the one?

Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 06:16, Kennedy wrote:
My advice would be:

"don't listen to what any other performer tells you. don't watch other performers. These people will limit you and will shape your outcome and your performance. By letting people influence you then you're being limited and pushed into doing things in a certain way. There is no right or wrong, there is only different. Think of somethign yo really want to do and do it."

Best,

Kennedy

I totally agree. My advice would be.... Mentalism is spiel.

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Advice you feel beginners should know. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL