The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peak Performances or Peak Encores? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Elmsley4
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Elmsley4
I'm getting close to my purchase and I'm narrowing things down. Theater of the Mind is still in the running but I want to know about these 2 books!

Is Encore the UPDATE version of PP? Which one should I start with? I do Osterlind's PCT. Should I just stay doing what I'm doing and ignore this? Thanks for the input!

-Joel
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Different material in PP and PE I like both. ToTM is also very good but is not peeky at all.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
PP has heaps of peeks of billets, cards, books, watches or what have you.
You also get all the philosophies and subtleties you will ever need.
PE is a workbook on four (or is it five) peeks, and is an indepth discussion on each of them.
Both books are priceless if you follow Richard Busch's advices in them.
I would recommend to start with PP.

I am a devoted, or even almost addicted Smile PCT-er.
Still, I see it as an important point to not rely on and use one CT/peek only.
I vary, and use PCT, Busch's Billet, Acidus Novus and from time to time Acidus Plus + a few billet switches.

Sven
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 02:15, Sven wrote:
PE is a workbook on four (or is it five) peeks, and is an indepth discussion on each of them.

It is 4 peeks.

I would start with PP since PE has an add on from something in PP. Either buy is great though.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
My order of purchase would be:

Theatre of the Mind
Peek Performances
Peek Encores

Because TOTM is just a great book that no one interested in mentalism should be without. The variety of plots, methods and presentations in TOTM are wonderful. PP and PE are very good too, but if you already have a peek that you like and use, then those two books are not as indispensible as TOTM.

But eventually you'll want to have all of them.

Jack Shalom
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
We expanded a career with Peek Performaces.
You have to study it....not read it.
To say it's highly recommended would be a GREAT understatment, IMHO!
Ted (Leondo)
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I think it was Banachek who pointed out to me when I was starting to read Corinda, the Jinx, and then after a while to really succeed to pick up peek performances.

I'm sure if you did a search in the archives you could find that exact post. THANKS, B!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peak Performances or Peak Encores? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL