The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A quick idea for Ians 'Key Choice' lock. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to get to play with one of Ian McColl's 'Key Choice' locks today.

Click Here!

I came up with a quick routine that is not included with it. It is a bit clichéd, but it illustrates an idea which could be used for many other routines. I will not go into the handling here as it would give away certain secrets of this lock. Those that have it will know what to do though.

I show the audience six keys, five are shown to be incorrect, having been put in the lock it is clearly seen they do not open it (a volunteer may turn the key if you wish). The sixth operate the lock and is set aside.

Seven people are invited on the stage, six single people and a couple. The couple are then asked if it would be possible to borrow something personal to their relationship, something which can be locked onto the padlock. Perhaps a ring, a necklace, something which in some way bonds them. They are asked to hold the working key together for a moment to help it to come back to them, the keys are then mixed and everyone is given a completely free choice of a key each. The couple get a key between them.

So, you have shown that only one key works, you first invite the single people to try their keys one after the other, of course none of the keys work finally you turn to the couple and their key works.

Please note, for those that have this lock. This DOES NOT use the 'seventh key', nor the handling associated with it.

Most of this can happen in the volunteers hands, with just some very simple moves with the lock. I tested this on some friends today and it got a great reaction.

The couple do not have to be the last to try the lock, they can be in any position. Like I said above some people might consider this routine clichéd. It is simply something off the top of my head to inspire better handlings of the lock.

Standard disclaimer... Nope, Ian hasn't asked me to post this, I don't get anything if a lock gets sold. I just liked the idea I had and wanted to share it.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » A quick idea for Ians 'Key Choice' lock. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL