The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Doug Edwards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ben_nemser
View Profile
New user
999999 Posts
15 Posts

Profile of ben_nemser
I heard he has a book in the making any information on when it's coming out?
people have told me that he is an amazeing card magican even though he has a huge ego.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Doug Edwards is a human encyclopedia like Harry Lorayne of which they are very close friends. He might have a huge ego but with his knowledge and skill he sure can back it up magic wise.

A Student of Doug

Doc
Hippie
View Profile
New user
Florida
69 Posts

Profile of Hippie
Actually Doug is extremely talented. Works wise the man can handle it. Yeah he's a little egocentric but he can do amazing things with his talents.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
His book, "Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop" by Harry Lorayne is great. I recommend it highly. I do several of Doug's routines, from the book and from his contributions in other places.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Doug is a great card man, an auspicious collector of magicana, and a very nice man. I have always enjoyed our conversations, usually at Tannen's when I lioved in New York. In addition to "Packs a Wallop," he's got some great material in Apocalypse, and Tannens put out one of the most amazing Haunted Packs I've ever seen, invented by Doug. His version of Pen Through Dollar was released by Tenyo just over a year ago.

Doug told me last year that he is at work on a new book, but I have no word on when it is expected to be published, or by whom.

Matt Field
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I got to see a rare (?) Doug Edwards lecture and it was fantastic stuff. This was a number of years ago.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-04-29 00:30, ben_nemser wrote:
I heard he has a book in the making any information on when it's coming out?
people have told me that he is an amazeing card magican even though he has a huge ego.

Doug lives in NYC and can be reached directly. He has an interest in history and props and also in good card magic. I don't remember any ego issues with him when we were hanging out in Tannen's long ago.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I found Doug to be a extremely nice guy and didn't find him egotistic at all.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Doug is a really nice guy, and very knowledgeable about magic generally, and closeup particularly. Ask him about Cardini! Doug is THE expert when it comes to Cardini, and had one of the most complete collections of Cardini-made, or used, props in existence. Card magic seems to be a real passion with Doug. I, too, would recommend his "Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop" as a wonderful book. I hope Doug is planning to release some more of his original material to the fraternity....

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Luther
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Luther
The book will be called "Brass KNuckles" if I'm correct. I saw him sometime ago and he said it'd be coming out this year.
hocopoco
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of hocopoco
BTW, Doug is a fine exponent of the Zarrow shuffle. It was written up, but few seem to embrace his handling(s).
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Doug's a great guy, he's always hanging around Tannen's or Maui's. He is definitly a card technician and is always eager to help out and give advice. I would highly reccommend buying the book "Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop" by Harry Lorayne and I look foward to his new book being released.
SanCho
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
I interviewed Doug for an article a few years ago, and I found him to be a delightful guy and one hell of a card man.
Adam Green
New York, NY
dmk_kirkland
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of dmk_kirkland
So Wes's new book is called "Wesley James packs a Wallop" Smile
Cheers,
David
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
When Doug's new book comes out this summer, it would be great if the Café could get him as their honored guest that month.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Doug Edwards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL