The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IPod vs. Walkman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
It's too bad that you feel the iPod is inferior as so many are in use.
:crazydude:
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Changes have been made to the iPod since the original post. I'd like to see Majiloon test out the new 5th gen iPods and give his feedback there to see if any of his problems have been resolved.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's hard to argue with market share, and iPod owns the market.

Being a HD system, it's totally different from MD. The density of the HD systems like iPod are simply massive compared to MD.

Majlloon's time frame has now expired, and the iPod OWNS the market, as opposed to his prediction of it deflating with a newer technology coming along to replace it.

MD is dead except for a limited pro market, with very specific purposes for keeping MD, (it can be programed on the fly to loop at different points, and it's robust among them.)

Other HD and flash based devices with their proprietary operating systems won't even be around in a few years, so it's up to you how much importance you place on owning, or not owning, discontinued and unsupported equipment.

In case it's not obvious by now, the iPod will be around, be supported, and have accesories available for it for decades.

The argument that there's better technology out there than the iPod is absolutely correct, but the best technology has never meant anything if it doesn't achieve market share, and those that purchased the "best technology" to prove their point are the ones with closets full of Beta tapes that have been obsolete for decades now.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
This is not meant to replace existing ShowTec or Virtual Sound Man.

If you Own an Ipod, here is what I found out it does in the last couple of days:

IPod 30 GB $300, AV Pack $100
  • 1. The IPod has an AV Connecter Pack which runs allows AC Connection (Battery Charger too!), Allows S-Video, Plug in for external Speaker system, TV composite Outlet, and remoter controller. This allows for Showing video, and doing presentation with a projector.
  • 2. Protect the IPod and AV Connection Pact in a small padded Make-up kit
  • 3. Computer stores all files for Back-up System
  • 4. Uploading to IPod is Automatic
  • 5. Learning Curve is about a day to understand the IPod and ITunes
  • 6. Disk Copy is automatic Upload to IPod
  • 7. If IPod goes down for any reason, another one can be purchased quickly (Consider a 60 GB IPod $400)
  • 8. Plugs into my Fender Passport 150
  • 9. Easy to carry, works with mini Speakers for Closeup background Music
  • 10. Using a Laptop computer, and Itunes acts as a backup system if needed.
  • 11. There is more than enough room for what ever music program one choses.
  • 12. It's new technology, really Easy to Use, Universal for Aravel and Pleasure use.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Quite a lot different opinions. I Have iPod and I like it much! I Have found only one weakness from my iPod, (like mentioned earlier) The batteries!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IPod vs. Walkman (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL