The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Clipboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Any of you care to give me a good review of good clipboards available? I thought of getting the Mikame Craft Mental Broadcast one. Is it worth it? How about Lee Earle's Millennium Clipboard?
Thanks in advance Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
You can find a great clipboard here:

http://mastermindreader.com/cd/index.html
John Kokot
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of John Kokot
I'm partial to John Riggs' "The Brown Hornet." It can be utilized for pre-show work, but is even more suitable for secretly gathering information during a performance.

Check "A Penny for Your Thoughts" clipboard-related messages from earlier this summer for his website.
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
Thanks a lot guys. Will take a look. For stage show work. They both look impressive (& solid) to me.

Cheers
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
Our local office supply store sells a clipboard made of fairly transparent plastic. When someone makes a drawing on a piece of paper on it using a nice black marker you get a very revealing view from the back. My partner thinks it's too obvious, but I'm sure that if you watch out for the angles you wouldn't have a problem. The best thing is that they're very cheap !
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
GUY BAVLI has some nice Clipboards:
http://www.pro-magic.com/
knave
View Profile
New user
UK Newcastle
72 Posts

Profile of knave
DarkKnight

Any chance you could find out who manufactures them or give me the name of your office supply Co.

Thanks
Dave
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
I got mine from a local Rymans. Can't remember the brand but if you want more PM me and I'll go have a look next week.
knave
View Profile
New user
UK Newcastle
72 Posts

Profile of knave
Thanks DarkKnight

There's a Rymans not far from me. I shall pop in and have a look.

cheers
Dave
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On 2002-10-10 07:22, DarkKnight wrote:
Our local office supply store sells a clipboard made of fairly transparent plastic. When someone makes a drawing on a piece of paper on it using a nice black marker you get a very revealing view from the back. My partner thinks it's too obvious, but I'm sure that if you watch out for the angles you wouldn't have a problem. The best thing is that they're very cheap !

This idea has great possiblities for realtime drawing duplications.

The person doing the drawing stands with her back to the audience and you could either do an over the shoulder peek as per Anneman or face her wearing a blindfold.

Good idea worth thinking about.

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Just got the Mikame board. It is nicely made but it is as if the designer of the trick has stopped thinking too soon. One aspect makes the board look slightly odd and it could have been better hidden with a little extra designing. However, a very clever principle and works well. It does have angle problems but most of these can be eradicated with thought in the handling of the prop. I am sure I will use the board but must now think of a routine in which it can be used! - Glad I got it, even if I do not use it immediately I know I will use it some time.
Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
799 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On 2002-10-10 07:22, DarkKnight wrote:

Darknight,

I have been thinking about this idea quite a lot and think it has great potential.

I haven't had a chance to go down to Ryman's yet but could you tell me the boards that you bought what colour are they and do you need a strong light behind them to see the drawing?

I have been experimenting with a piece of what seems like opaque white plastic until a reasonable light (from a window etc.) is behind it and then even with two pieces of paper clipped to it you can see through it.

Scott
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
I too, recommend The Brown Hornet by John Riggs. I also have his close up pad called The Skeeter. Very good and deceptive.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
There's also the new Kopy Kat from Larry Becker and Lee Earle. In appearance, it's a vinyl portfolio that holds a pad of paper. You can use it for pre-show or on-the-fly, for which it's especially suited because you can eradicate the evidence on the fly, too.

The spectator draws with a black marker, so her drawing or number or whatever is highly visible to the audience when shown at the end of a routine.

I don't know if this prop is still available, but their website is http://www.mentalismunlimited.com

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best Clipboard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL