The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I need a ring made out of a coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Four Jokers Magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Four Jokers Magician
I'm looking for a ring that is shaped from an old coin (half, English penny etc.). I heard that this was a common thing back in the day. This ring must have the writing and everything a coin would have only shaped to ring form. Does anyone know where I can find this?
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
There used to be instructions on this page: http://members.tripod.com/~dlclark/coinring.htm

They should be up again soon.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Try Todd Lassen.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Just last week I saw just what you need. Some site for magicians with Instructions on how to make a finger ring from a coin, yourself. I have been looking to find it to pass on but no luck yet. But I shall continue looking and get back to you 4 jokers.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Uh...Philippe...that's what I posted. The link I put up IS the link that's been floating around. The guy took the tutorial down and it should be back up in a week or two once it's updated.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Look up a magazine called Backwoodsman. I have an issue from about six months back that had these instructions.

Sammy the Kid
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Is this the thing where you tap a penny or coin on the edge with a spoon to form the ring? I saw that in Backwoodsman as well! LOL

I was going to try it but haven't gotten around to it.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » I need a ring made out of a coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL