The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Williamson's Wonders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I'll plead guilty to buying books based, somewhat, on pounds of paper per dollar.

This thin book always looks overpriced, so I always tend to pass it by. However, I see his name so often at the Cafe and I am thrilled with Aaron's small book that I wonder if I should get it.

Recommendations?
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Hi Steven,

If you can find it - Well worth the money - The subtle parts of his act are what is the most amazing part of this book - especially when you consider Williamson anything but subtle:
The striking vanish
Money talks
Wand spin
A great cups and balls routine

I'm guilty of not looking at this book for several years - but it's my fault - not the materials'

I also think this is the book with a coin vanish "The wonderful coin vanish"? practice this and it's a vanish to amuse in any setting - (a little angle-y)

It was published in 1989-90, somewhere around there

I've never had "buyers remorse" over this book

Dave
Jeff S.
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Jeff S.
I do not own this book, but I do own two of his videos with a lot of the material from the book. I still might get the book, too. Wonderful, Wonderful magic. And sooo funny. If you don't get the book, get the videos. His cups & balls are probably the best I've seen. Also his vanishing salt routine, Torn & restored transpo, Spoon Bend, Ring & Rope, and 51 cards to pocket are all wonderful. I am curious about the Wonderful Coin Vanish. Is it a coin sleight or a routine. Hopefully Dave Egleston can explain it a little more.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Thanks Fellers!

Got the book Saturday (the local store had a sale) and it is WELL worth it.

Just the additional information on the Striking Vanish made it worthwhile.

Later.....
Steve
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Regarding the "if you can find it' comment above, the book has been reissued and is readily available. It is also worth every penny.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
This is one of those cases where the book is very good, and it STILL doesn't do the performer justice. And the thing is, David is not only immensely talented, engaging, and fun on-stage AND off, but he's a heck of a nice guy and a very sincere student of magic. You just can't beat a combination like that!

TCR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Williamson's Wonders (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL