The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pocket index (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

what so ever
View Profile
New user
Denmark
61 Posts

Profile of what so ever
Can someone tell me what it is and whats it used for?
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
There are terrific descriptions of pocket indexes (indices?) in both Annemann's Practical Mental Effects (available in an inexpensive Dover edition as Practical Mental Magic) or Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism.

Without trying to give away too much, a pocket index is, among other things, a method of successfully revealing a written prediction.
Was that meant to be edible?
what so ever
View Profile
New user
Denmark
61 Posts

Profile of what so ever
Try to look at this http://www.online-visions.com/effects/05......dex.html this was the pocket index I meant
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
An index in that sense is like a "pocket secretary." It's used to carry around a number of coin effects without them getting jumbled and so you have easy access to them.

Think of a filing cabinet with folders. The little tabs that stick up are called indexes, or indices. They help you find what you want in the filing cabinet quickly. A pocket index, depending on what it's designed for, helps you find things in your pocket quickly. The one in your link is designed for coins.

Does that help?
what so ever
View Profile
New user
Denmark
61 Posts

Profile of what so ever
Yes thx I have made one by myself but i`m not sure that i`m gonna use it that often..
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
Sometimes the fun is more in the making than in the using. I made a set of Corinda indexes several years ago I've used a grand total of once. I still cherish them.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I found some nice Pocket Indexes at a leather kiosk in an airport. They called them "Credit Card Organizers." It was a single rectangle with a dozen staggered slots on each side. Two of these and you'd have enough for an entire deck.

Okay, so you have to double up on one card, big deal. They were still nice.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Jim Short
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Jim Short
...and you bought the lot and sold them on eBay as card indexes, because you're a magician and that's what magicians do! Smile
what so ever
View Profile
New user
Denmark
61 Posts

Profile of what so ever
Lol ....of course he do everyone does that.

hehe! Smile
the_houdini_jester
View Profile
Loyal user
Charlottesville, Virginia
264 Posts

Profile of the_houdini_jester
They are so you can find a card quick. and its a index that holds cards that goes in your pocket
All the Magic things I don't have are like the foods I've never had. One day I'll have some but I will never have all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Pocket index (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL