The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » PLEASE HELP....Suggestions on the canon zr 200 camcorder and other digital camcorders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tjkmagicman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tjkmagicman
Can anyone tell me if the cannon zr 200 digital camcorder is a good camera for shooting a fairly good promo dvd. Any other camcorder suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (preferably around the 500.00 or less category)...Thanks guys
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can help you a lot I think. Do not shoot your own promo video. This is the secret here I believe. Unless you are trained in that area stay away from it. You can take a great act, film it poorly and end up with a bad tape. Conversly you can take a bad act and film it well and end up with a great tape. Let the professionals handle the video, you wont be sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tjkmagicman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tjkmagicman
Thank you I appreciate the suggestion. however I know a lot of guys that do their own and that look really good probably due to the fact that they are going to school for it. I was just curious in any input on the canon zr 200 and any other camcorders. AS an extra tidbit how much on average does a professional promo video cost? thanks I look forward to hearing some peoples input
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Dan is right on. I know a lot of guys that do their own and, well, some are great, some just should not be seen. However, I don't know anyone who has done their own open heart surgury, even after they've read a book on it or watched someone else perform it.

Don't worry about what kind of camera you've got. All cameras in the sub $2,000 are very similar. You will never get the full colors you can get from a high end camera. However, if you use a cheap camera with professional hands (framing composition, an eye for colors in frame and consistency through the video, et cetera) you will get great results.

If you're doing this for critique, fine. Set up the camera in the room on a tripod and shoot your show. This should be done by EVERY performer for their own benefit. However, if this is for a promo video, at least talk to a PRO before you record your first frame.

But don't worry about what camera you're using. Heck, give me an old Kodak 8mm movie camera and a DAT recorder and I'll shoot a video for you that would not only get you booked all over, but will give you a theatrical trailer for your show! I love the look of film, but that's another story!

Good luck with whatever you choose! Warm regards,

Scott Sullivan

Reels in Motion
http://www.ReelsinMotion.com
tjkmagicman
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of tjkmagicman
Thanks scott I really appreciate your help. I will be recording pretty much every rehearsal and performance at any chance I can get. I would like to be able to get good enough footage of me performing and audience reaction that will make a pretty good promo piece when I send it to my friend whom is studying this kind of stuff in school. Do you have any tips that I can use while filming on my canon z r 200 mini dv camera that will give me the best results possible considering the camera that I am using? Thanks a lot

Take care
Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » PLEASE HELP....Suggestions on the canon zr 200 camcorder and other digital camcorders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL