The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Samurai - CW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
I bought this effect made by Collectors Workshop at an estate sale last year. I have rewritten the storyline that goes with it but need a new finale.
I want to float the 12" sword somehow. IT is not strong enough as the sword is made of steel, can anyone make any suggestions? PM me if exposure is imminent.
Simon
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
If you will, can you give us the setting you will be performing under.
Will it be dark? Broad day light?

I am trying to figure out if you might be able to hide something that will float it. If not we will have to think of something else.
Maybe something in the black arts would help float it?

Your friend,
~Mayo
"I love the night. It's the only time I feel really alive."

---Helen Chandler in the film "Dracula" (1931)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Mayo, until I decided to go with the levitation, the lighting was irrelevant. Now I will adapt the conditions to suit the effect. A lot of my work is intended to be performed by candle light in an after dinner setting.
Simon
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Are you going to be seated or standing on stage?

Your friend,
~Mayo

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to l
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
No stage, close up only.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Vernet levitator maybe ?
If you're not sure what that is, here's a link:
http://murphysmagicsupplies.com/catalog/......tor.html
and yes, it's basically what they're so well known for, with a tiny modification.
Actually, it's easy to build your own.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mayo
View Profile
Loyal user
WorymWood
211 Posts

Profile of Mayo
Allot of people probably buy that too. I don't think that would be strong enough for a steel sword I am afraid. My idea is a bit complex, and involves cutting so I will not even delve into that. Maybe perhaps:

A piece of flat black wood, with a long piece running between your legs to the floor. The table has a piece laid flat across even with the table, and it has a latch type part at the front. that you would place the sword on. I can't describe it I will draw a picture of it tomorrow.
But basicly to float it, you would kick the piece between your legs and it would rise up. With the right back ground the black art should do it.

Your friend,
~Mayo

MrMagic1
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MrMagic1
The levitator by vernet is cheap, but I don't know if it would get good enough reactions, and it is very rough with its angles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Samurai - CW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL