The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Owen
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of James Owen
Allright fellow magicians, how are you all doing? Fine I hope. Could anyone tell me if Mark Wilson has any more magic books out, I already have one of his books, "Enyclopedia of Magic" and I was wondering if he had anymore out. Thanks for your time and help it is very much appreciated.

Best and Kind Regards,

Take Care
:magicrabbit: Smile Smile Smile
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
James,

There is another book called the Complete Course in Magic, but it is nearly identical to the one you already have. Mark Wilson does, however, have three volumes of video tapes on stage illusions that are pretty good.

There are some other good books that are good follow-ups to the Mark Wilson course you may want to check out. Look at Bill Tarr's "Now You See It, Now You Don't." This is a great intro to close-up sleight of hand. The "Encyclopedia of Card Tricks" by Jean Huggard is a great classic of card material. And, "Magic and Showmanship" by Henning Nelms won't teach you a lot of tricks, but will expand your thinking about how you present your magic.

All of these books are inexpensive and easy to find. As you begin to look, you will be overwhelmed by the volumes and volumes of magic books and it is very difficult to know which are good and which are bad. I truly believe that you can't go wrong by looking at the classics first. There is more material in them than you could learn in a lifetime and they won't empty out your wallet.

Good luck,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
Wilson's Complete Course has a few more things in it such as a square-circle prop and routine, etc.

Tarr's book is also very good Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
The Complete course in Magic is a book full of basic moves and rountines. As the name stated, you can find many materials to serve your purpose. I like it.
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
You may see some Mark Wilson books in some stores that are real thin. These books are published by subject, card tricks, etc. But all of the tricks in these books are in the Complete course book as well.

You will not be disappointed in the Complete Course.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I got the Complete Course in Magic w/ props (rope, sponge balls, cards, etc) for $10!!
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
A good buy Geoff,

The complete course has several more subjects than the cyclopedia. One off hand is the section on gaff cards. I know there are more.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
At The Workshop, Mark Wilson announced that a revised edition to the Complete Course in Magic will be available soon.
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
I really can't imagine how it could be revised to make it any better. Smile

Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
Yes, go for the Complete Course. The illustrations make it look a bit dated, but don't be put off, there is some very good material and a wide range of it. And don't be put off by the low price (I don't know why it's that cheap).
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL