The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Finger Tip Muscle Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Just started on this move. I'm very excited about it although after the first day it still remains to be seen if it will work with really long fingernails. In any case it is a cool thing and it seems odd that the freshest post on it appears to be nearly three years old.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
trycks.
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of trycks.
I can do the fingertip muscle pass now you can see it in action in new york coin seminar vol 1 and also you can see the fingertip muscle pass here http://youtube.com/watch?v=SBKZcrf7Dt4 also check his other videos he does other kainoas trick
Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
Is the fingertip muscle pass the same as a vertical muscle pass, coin caught in fingertips? Like the anti-grav coin effect, or however else it should be called?
Thanks,
MT.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-12 10:03, Mindtrap wrote:
Is the fingertip muscle pass the same as a vertical muscle pass, coin caught in fingertips?

No, it's a pass FROM the fingertips to wherever.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
I like to share a sequence and patter I use for my 3Fly. My 3fly is right to left version.

During the part where the usual gag of slow motion coin. I stop the trick for awhile to explain that I am not using a magnet to make the coin travel. "If I'm using magnet, I will look like that." while executing the fingertip MP. Then I continue "But by using magic it's gonna look like this." I proceed to make the coin go back to the right hand like the normal sequence after the gag.

In my opinion, I feel this approuch makes more sense than the normal "This coin is gonna go slow motion, No just kidding I'll do it again" as it serves no purpose to make it jump back magically or if not doing the flashback usually decrepencies can be seen of moves executed if one is to fake take which creates more suspicious.

By doing the Magnet sequence followed by the flashback, It goes on a explaination and to demonstrate the differences between the possible magnet theory. You show that using a magnet will look like this, but by magic will look like this and both are different. Which I feel it really motivate the reason for the flashback. After the explaination/demonstration of the magnet theories apparently came up by people then I go back to the trick to finish it.

Well my fingertip muscle pass I can't pass to a coin fan. Kainoa's thumb seems can bend almost 90 degree angle, which I can't do. So to make it easier, I gather the coins on the receiving hand in a stack instead of a fan, and held by index 2nd and third finger on the bottom. My thumb just pull back ready to catch the coin. It doesn't look as impressive, but people I performed to doesn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFBtPxY3u4

Gary
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

That looks perfectly good to me, Gary! Interesting way you describe of catching it too.

I too have been able to replicate Harbottle's odd thumb bending angle (cough... mutant... cough cough). Smile

I still cannot do anything that even remotely makes the coin shoot out from my right hand without actually tossing it. My emergency technique in case I will never be able to do this is to squeeze on the thin sides of the coin to make it shoot out. A different approach.

My problem is that I have so long (guitar) fingernails that the fingertips themselves cannot contact the coin. May still end up working eventually. Who knows? I'll keep at it. Sometimes I think that a magician is just a person who is too dumb to know when to quit. So many hours of practicing weird things that have no practical application whatsoever in the real world.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Blake Douglass
I think what adds to the beauty of this move is the fact that it is a hard move to witness. The first time I saw this move, Kainoa did it and I almost cried. It made me feel like a lay person again, and I love that feeling. I wish someone would close this thread, and all of you would be brainwashed. I was really hoping this move wouldnt get out, but I guess all good things must come to an end. Enjoy the move, and use it sparingly.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

No need to brainwash me. I'll never be able to do it anyway. Smile
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Or wait a minute... I can just about do it now after several days. I may be in for a nice brainwash after all. Still flick my first two fingers out too much tho. And of course, actually catching the coin is impossible.

Maybe I should use a real magnet. A giant one. I bet nobody has thought of that. Smile
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I'm another one of those guys who's a sucker for punishment. I've just started to learn the MP. After my first hour of practicing my palm ached with cramps, and not even a small jump. I waited until the next day to give my hands a break before practicing again. Nothing, absolutely nothing was happening, except pain in the palm of my hands. I was repositioning the coin this way and that way trying to find the right spot for me, but I had to stop because my palm was too sore. Yesterday I was practicing it again, and I got a bit of a jump out of it. I nearly fell out of my seat with excitement. I was actually beginning to believe that I was never going to get it. I gave it a few more attempts and even noticed that my hand wasn't hurting as much. Perhaps because of the callus that had now grown there. Today I was practicing again, and was just as excited as I was yesterday. I've been able to give it tiny little baby jumps and I now know I'm on the right path, but boy oh boy is it tough to learn. I've got a long road a head of me before I'm popping it up to a foot in ht, but I love the challenge of learning this slieght. I've got two questions. Is it better to learn with a small coin(quarter) or a larger coin/poker chip. And, can anybody recommend a good hand cream/lotion that keeps your hands from over sweating?
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

I too am learning the regular muscle pass. I found it fairly easy to do from day one, although it remains a very short jump, especially with my right (leading) hand for some reason. This will take time. As usual, my biggest problem is catching. I have no coordination whatsoever.

Anyway, you should know that this thread is on the Fingertip Muscle Pass which has nothing to do with palms. It's a completely different thing. So you might find more answers in a "regular" muscle pass thread. Smile

As for sweating you should probably just take a break for a while. It isn't good to overdo these things. Just a quick rinse of the hands with water and no soap could perhaps be enough.
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
I started learning MP horizontally. It builds my confidence more as I can see some results compare to vertically.

You know, now I noticed my FingerTip Muscle Pass flips during mid air and land on the other side. Which should not be. But still it works for me so, I'll just stick to it. On the other note, imagine what can you do with a c/s coin with a FPMP that flips over. Just example not a routine: 3 silver coins in a fan, fingertip muscle pass 1 at a time change into copper.

3 c/s coins does the job. Just ideas.

Good luck in your journey Noobini. Smile
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Hey Gary, mine flips as well! Lol. I only noticed this yesterday. You cannot actually see the flip but when I notice which side of the coin is facing me before and after, it has indeed flipped over.

After doing this now for 2 months I have to say that it looks fairly worthless in my hands. My first two fingers shoot out as the coin leaves the hand. This is because I need to draw them back in order to make the coin fly. If I draw back only my thumb, the coin flies directly towards my chest, spinning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Finger Tip Muscle Pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL