The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite mentalism with cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Can't beat psychological stop for impromptu. OOTW. Probably the best impromptu effect ever is Mr Osterlind's 'Miracle thought projection'. Possibly the strongest card mentalsim ever.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
I completely agree with psychological stop. Also Kolossal Killer.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Scarne's 4-aces.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
durhamkid
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of durhamkid
I don't do many tricks with cards but one that I return to again and again is Ceremony Of The Immortals (by Camirand Magic). The reason I like it is it requires no sleight of hand, almost foolproof and therefore allows me to concentrate fully on presentation. I won't go into the details of the trick here, because an internet search will give you all you need to know, but each time I perform this it stuns the audience. I've even done this for experienced magicians who are looking for methods and it has fooled them. It's best worked in a close-up or small informal setting. It's good.

Terry
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Quote:
On 2005-06-07 11:10, sjdavison wrote:
Can't beat psychological stop for impromptu. OOTW. Probably the best impromptu effect ever is Mr Osterlind's 'Miracle thought projection'. Possibly the strongest card mentalsim ever.

Simon

Using it without cards makes it even stronger. Lets keep this quiet.

As for completely impromptu, the effects I mentioned above all may use a borrowed shuffled deck.
C.Jakobsson
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
118 Posts

Profile of C.Jakobsson
Out of this world rules
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
And sorry to mention his name (again!), but the Derren effect from Devil's Picture Book where he asks a girl to think a card, and a guy to pick one, then predicts both (can't remember the name). That is a killer for me everytime too.
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2005-06-07 11:06, entity wrote:
For those who prefer to work for a normal, shuffled pack, what are your favorite mental-oriented effects with cards?

- entity

My Any card at any number
Anything using a force
And the overlooked You-Do-As-I-Do with up to 3 phases!
Among others...
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Do As I Do, Stop!, and a couple of 'tricks that can't be explained' that I do that you just need to be thinking fast on your feet.
I'll also do a Lazy Man Card Trick with a bit of a mentalism spin.
Sometimes I'll do Bannon's Discreptancy City as an impromptu B'Wave

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Paul, I believe its called 'Doublethink'. It is very nice, especially if you 'hit' with the first spectator (which does happen, especially if you use a simple psychological force (eg QH, 7H).

Magic by George, which are you referring to?? I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts (PM?)

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I was refering to Osterlinds effect without cards and the effects I mentioned of Redfords with a borrowed pack.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
How do you handle that - go through the usual 'script', then rather than having them name the card - you simply say the card you want them to think of first, elimination having to turn it over? Am I following you right?

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Brian Caswell's "Trilogy" from Alakazam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite mentalism with cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL