The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Use of Han Ping Chien in Dishonest Abe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I noticed after reading the instructions for Dishonest Abe that Wilson has as an alternate ending, the use of Han Ping Chien which, although I probably spelled it wrong, is one of my all time favorite coin moves. I've never used it in the past for a tranformation, but I thought this might be a worthwhile idea to make the coin "grow in the spectator's hand." Has anyone used this and what was the response? I've also been using this move for a nice change of one coin to another. This is not a new idea I'd imagine. Does anyone else use Han Ping Chien in this way?
Dann
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
It is very effective and strong. Try it a few times and you'll see. Much better in the spectator's hand than in yours.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The HPC has even been used to effect the S->C+B change. Long ago. I recall one guy did something like a double coin enlargement with a coin in each hand. The coin in the right hand was dropped into a volunteer's hands, and the coin in the left hand was then shown to have grown as well. This may be a Geoff Latta thing.

Very tough to get the crediting right on this as it was a busy time at the magic shop back then. This was about the time the Chinese coins came in (1976?) and we were also playing at Tenkai Palming a 5 inch chinese coin. Might be Joe Safuto, might be Presto, or one of my peers from back then. Sorry I can't give you certain specifics. First guess is Geoff Latta. He was very big on HPC back then.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The earliest I know of anyone using a HPC to transform a coin into a larger coin was Allan Haydan. He was doing this while still a teenager around 1970.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Use of Han Ping Chien in Dishonest Abe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL