The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Wilson's "The Uncanny Scot" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 12:52, markmiller wrote:
Behaut, what you see at Penguin - same author different book.

AWWWW, Thanks for clearing that up

brehaut
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Hold on to the book: Ron just left us.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
Quote:
On 2010-12-16 14:23, Mac_Stone wrote:
My copy was about $100 as well, money well spent.

Surprised no one mentioned the newspaper tear.

I have been performing the newspaper tear from his book for over 15 years - wonderful magic. The book is worth every penny of $100.

RIP Ron.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The egg bag is a master piece and this is where the little shot glass of liquor appeared.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
51 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
Hi,

I'm trying to chase down a copy of this book here in the UK. If anyone has one any might consider letting it go, please PM me.

Thanks
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
This is a great book; all the worked-out details from someone who has worded these effects for years.
Puzzled by Second Sight though; it is a great trick but marketed by Vernon in, I think the thirties.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2015, El Mystico wrote:

Puzzled by Second Sight though; it is a great trick but marketed by Vernon in, I think the thirties.

"Dai Vernon liked this routine, based on his 'Brainwave,' enough to feature it in a lecture tour he did in Italy in the early seventies."
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
I know that is what it says in the book; but see http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=10329
for details of Vernon's involvement in the trick in the 30s and 40s.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Finally got this!

Ron had great ideas and glad he wanted to share them with us, time to digest everything in this wonderful book.
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
59 Posts

Profile of Nem
So many gems in this book. If you come across a "buy", do it.
Even if you don't...buy it anyway. I'm just thrifty.
You won't be sorry.
kotrozo
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kotrozo
I love this book. plus, I have a great memory of purchasing it. 30 years ago I was living in southern california. I had driven to la from san diego to drop off a friend at LAX. then I went to hollywood magic and purchase this book. that evening I went to the castle and while I was standing in line waiting for the close-up show, I realized mr wilson was standing in front of me! I told him I had purchased the book and asked him about a few things I had read that afternoon, especially about the seated servant. he was so nice and answered my questions and we chatted. the next week I had a tailor shop make that servant. I always think about digging it out and playing with it. its such a cool idea. even if you don't work seated, its just a really cool tool.
joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Wilson's "The Uncanny Scot" (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL