The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Close up for TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2005-06-24 23:03, Jonathan Brown wrote:
There are so many more uses for the tip than on the thumb. If you are really worried about it, look at Slydini's work. There are really good ways to steal, load etc...without those "tell tale," signs that some spect. are used to seeing. Eg: Jamming your thumb into your fist and then showing the item gone. You just need to develop a style that fits and this kinda stuff falls into place. Eat a bran muffin and let it go!!!

All the best,
JRB

This is one of the biggest mistakes beginners, using a TT, make. That is, sticking their thumb into the top of their fist to steal it.

It is also the easiest mistake to correct. For those who don't know, here it is. You are poking whatever you are vanishing into the TT. Once it is completely inside, use your second finger to tip the TT 45 degrees so that the opening is now sticking out of the back of your fist, pointing straight back at you. Insert your first finger, in a continuing poking-the-thing-into-your-fist-motion, into the top of your fist, where the TT opening WAS. At the same time load the TT onto your thumb from the back. Pull the guilty hand straight back with the TT on it, fingers curled slightly down to hide it.

This is just one of many simple TT tips that just about any good reference on the subject will probably contain. I would suggest that buying and using the device without some adjunct lessons or teaching materials is to miss much of the value of this gimmick.
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
Definitely....Denny and Lee sell a Slydini Thumb Tip book with 5 tricks that Slydini uses a tip for and all of them teach methods that would fool even the most astute spectators...

JRB
rift
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rift
Thanks for all the useful information, anyway does anyone know of a routine that make use of a thumb tip and a ring ? I want to propose to my girlfriend and I want to do it the "magical" way. Thanks.
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Hey guys go over to Jeff McBride's site and download his TT video (10 minutes for $7....or something like that)? He gives you a simple but effective way to use the TT everyday in up close and personal situations. Also I seem to remember stories of the guys at CircleMagic in NYC doing TT routines that fooled everyone in the store using a SILVER TT. It can be done if you believe you can do it.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Close up for TT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL