The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Solari's Wallet by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
An amazing little prop - many possible routines as indicated in this thread. I use the routine that came with the wallet - very effective - no concern by the spectators about the wallet being placed on the deck - fairness is emphasized by having the spectator shuffle the deck - and the effect is so easy to do. Highly recommended. Solari has done it again.
Richard
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I remember doing this trick for the first time using a sealed envelope. It was done too quickly and one of the spectators who happens to be a parole officer figured out how it was done and then he blabbed it out to everyone.

I agree with Harry Murphy that audience control is very important and this trick like any other must be done with theater acting.

I have the Bob Solari wallet, but I rather use a regular wallet that contains other tricks to pull of this prediction. First I would throw the wallet onto the table and open it for all to see, and slowly rumage through the wallet looking for something, eventually pulling out the first trick and performing it while the wallet sits off to the side. When that trick is done I will pull out another trick from the wallet and when it is done I would perform the prediction trick last. This gives me a good reason for having the wallet on the table in the first place.
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
I bought this a few weeks ago and yes its a winner...I keep some business cards in there aswell so after I do the trick I can hand out the business card.... Bob Solari now has a video demo on his site: http://www.bobsolarimagic.com check it out...

Borrowed deck, no forces, no counting, no fuss, no pressure, NO BRAINER here folks, pick it up $10.95 ....

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
People keep saying no force, but I don't know if I would agree with that statement.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Solari's Wallet is an excellent little prop that works on so well - highly recommend.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Paul, no force as spec can stop dealing anywhere so theoretically, no force.You are not forcing anything on spec.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
As with the majority of Bob's stuff, this is easy to do with no knuckle busting, and all your effort can be spent on entertaining and maybe even a teeny tiny bit of spectator management(you don't need a whole lot of that for this effect.) And we have to remember, we are doing these things for layman, they have no idea what's coming (isn't that the whole idea of magic, the surprise factor)and there is nothing to suspect. Who cares (other than another magician) if you put the wallet down on the cards, no one looks, no one cares, we shouldn't either. And yes, no 51 cards in the wallet, no ACAAN, no force, no fuss, no muss.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2009-09-20 19:52, Rizzo wrote:
Paul, no force as spec can stop dealing anywhere so theoretically, no force.You are not forcing anything on spec.

If a spectator "chooses" a card that you needed them to in order for an effect/prediction to work that is what I consider a force. If you somehow make them pick the card you need them to that is what I consider a force.

I have no problem with this method or this effect, I just think it is false to say no force. They "freely" pick a card that you made them pick. To me, that is exactly what a force is by definition.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
It definitely is not a force by any definition, without exposing the method, they deal the cards themselves, face down on a pile, and stop anyplace THEY want to. If you consider that a force, then it is the cleanest most deceptive, easiest force I ever heard of in my life, or as a magician.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I would agree with that obsidian52 without a single question.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Okay. We disagree.
Marc Woods
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
147 Posts

Profile of Marc Woods
I watched the clip and if you find this NOT a force...I'm very sorry but then you don't understand the word forcing.

In my opinion it means:
Giving the spectator the illusion of a free choice...but with using manipulation/a mathematical principle/some apparatus or whatever you influence their choice!

Excuse me but that's exactly what happens, the illusion might be good and I actually like the trick but this is DEFINATELY a force!
MiNDHACKER / goochelaar
https://www.marcwoods.nl
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Well to get back on track as this was a review of Solaris wallet, all can agree or not, does not matter. What matters is that most magicians that are using this is working this effect and it kills the spectators.An absolute fooler. Get it, use it, you will not be disappointed.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Yes, agreed, it is a great effect, and I love most of Bob's stuff, he's fantastic (and even that is not strong enough) to deal with, and it does WOW the spectators, it is a fooler and a killer and entertaining and you will not be disappointed.

And yes, if a force is a lack of complete free choice by the spectators (semantically, of course)then it can be construed as a force, but then I guess, by the same token, so is a magicians choice (equivogue.....forgive the spelling)
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
This is a great utility item to be used in conjunction with the prediction of a single card or using your "mental" abilities to have the spectator find the card you are projecting. A good encore to a card routine when asked to do one more. Just do it casually.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I only do tricks for friends and family, so I couldn't use the wallet ( they'd know the wallet did something ). But once you know the secret, you can make adjustments and use your own wallet.
~Joe
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Wow, looks fantastic. But can it also be used as storage for a deck of cards?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
If you are referring to the wallet, then no . Its a small wallet perfect for a few cards or business cards but not to store a deck, no.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Great trick, great price, I use this in every close up performance
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Solari's Wallet by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL