The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P. Paul Winchell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Wow!
I remember Paul with Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smiff from early TV.

My condolences to family and friends.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm deeply saddened. I loved Paul and Jerry as a kid. In fact, he is my inspiration for getting into vent. One of my boyhood idols. Yes, this cuts deeply.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
We'll miss you Tigger. Rest in peace.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The really incredible part is the lame brained stupidity of the pinheads who ERASED all the Winchell Mahoney Broadcast tapes over a dispute about who owns the syndication rights.

Winch won over 17 million over that one, but STILL, that is a piece of history down the crapper that we will NEVER see the likes of again. No amount of money in the world can replace those tapes. I would give ANYTHING to be able to sit down and watch the reruns of the Winchell Mahoney show and take a wonderful nostalgic trip back into the innocence of my childhood. But alas, it will never be.

Ugly greed knows no limits, does it not?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I was a card-carrying member of the Jerry Mahoney club. He also got me started in vent when I was 10-11 years old.
As an adult, doing a project involving the Edison Seed Development Fund, I read about his medical inventions.
Bye Winch.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
The great thing about DVDs (reissues, extras, special features, etc.)is that now everybody saves everything!

Greed can be good, brother!

Just occasionally short-sighted. (((sigh)))

RIP Paul
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
He was a master and I would not be doing what I am today if it wasn't for what he has done !!!! RIP
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Are you into vent?
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Yes.... I perform as a vent and a magician.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-06-26 19:10, daffydoug wrote:
The really incredible part is the lame brained stupidity of the pinheads who ERASED all the Winchell Mahoney Broadcast tapes over a dispute about who owns the syndication rights.

Winch won over 17 million over that one, but STILL, that is a piece of history down the crapper that we will NEVER see the likes of again. No amount of money in the world can replace those tapes. I would give ANYTHING to be able to sit down and watch the reruns of the Winchell Mahoney show and take a wonderful nostalgic trip back into the innocence of my childhood. But alas, it will never be.

Ugly greed knows no limits, does it not?

I don't know how many shows have been preserved but I have a copy of one show from 1955 that I purchased off of E-Bay (at a too high price). There was supposed to be two shows on the VHS tape, one from 1955 and one from 196? but the 1955 copy is the only one in good enough shape to enjoy watching.
I have copied this onto a DVD and anyone who wants a copy can send me a blank DVD-R and a self addressed stamped mailer, just PM me for my address.
I am still looking for more shows that have survived and would appreciate anyone finding some to please PM me with the information so I may purchase them.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That is a very generous offer. What is your mailing address?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » R.I.P. Paul Winchell (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL