The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I've never used a slot Okito box so I can't comment on that type but myself, I use a Boston Okito box instead of a standard Okito box because the extra feature allows you to show an empty Okito box full and allows you to retain a coin when the rest are dumped out.

The sucker and solid Okito boxes would be a great ending for an Okito routine or a sucker effect. The design of the Buddha Okito Boxes makes it much easier to do the special Okito move.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Viking sells a beautiful Okito box set. I have it and enjoy it very much.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I like the variety of styles available with the Buddha set (as well as the look of them), but haven't bit the bullet to get them yet. The rounded shape supposedly makes for easier handling as well. For now, the Johnson Okorto set is meeting my needs. I would like to add a slot box to the set, though.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
It is easier for me to handle the Buddha set than the Johnson set. However, I still prefer the Viking set.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
There you go... personal preference! I don't like the buddah boxes. In my hands, the shape and smooth edges make it dificult to handle precisely. They are beautiful though. As I recall, it was mainly the lid that I found difficult to handle.

Personally, I use the David Roth set. I don't think anyone can touch the work he's done on the okito box.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Blenderboy
View Profile
New user
Texas
55 Posts

Profile of Blenderboy
I like the Buddha set also. I like it and used it until I started trying to do some moves that required palming it and then I had to ditch them in favor of the more classic boxes because I can't manage to palm the darn things with those rounded edges.

I didn't know about Roth's set until reading this thread. Do you have to go to his seminar to get your hands on a set? $100 seems like a no brainer.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I believe http://www.dennymagic.com carries these. Just give him a call to see if he has them in stock.
stormchaser
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, AB
200 Posts

Profile of stormchaser
One box that works really well for me is my brass Okito box that came with my Loonie Bin. Unfortunately I only know on sleight with it. Smile
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

A magician is an actor playing the part of a magician.

Don't run when no-one's chasing you.
corega
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of corega
Hello,guys.
I'm Japanese coin guy.
I'm looking for the okito box which I insert ex-shell.
Since I want to perform Alschneider's "One Half Gone",I have to get ex-okito box.
:)
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-07-11 00:10, Magical_Mystifier wrote:
If I could choose only one box, I would choose an Okito box. The Boston and Slot are nice, but not as utilitarian to me. I'm using an aluminum Okito box from Roy Kueppers in the half-dollar size. I love the feel of the lighter box.
Chris

So would I, and you may also want to add this box, when you watch Boston Massacre by Mike Powers...great....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
GG
View Profile
New user
UK
86 Posts

Profile of GG
Buddha Boxes work fine for me,only thing I noticed was a lid pick up was more tricky,but rim steals are easier,but I've only worked on a couple of David Roths routines ,out with 4 and out with five.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin boxes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL