The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pack flat play big illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I recenly purchased Denny and Lees performance video. It has got me interested in introducing an illusion into my show in the future.

I also had an inquiry through my website for a show of 500 people. They wanted illusions but because I don't do I had to decline.

I don't have any aspiration to do an illusion show but it would be nice to have one illusion to close with!

Any tips on a good first illusion? Are there any good ones that can be done without an assistant? Something portable too! Itravel by train to most shows because I live in Japan.

T
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi there,

How about small illusions like "Disarmed" or "Head twister". You can also check http://www.tilfordillusions.com/ to see what will suit your style. Hope this helps.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
How about:

Chair Suspension
Shadow Tent
Floating Table
Walk Away X Suspension
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Shadow tent seems like a nice way to open a show. A little expensive though.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Not when you compare it to the price of other illusions.
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
What illusions are on the Denny & Lee video?
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
I worked in the Denny & Lee Show as an assistant for many years and the illusions featured were:

Sword Basket
Sword Suspension
Canvas Covered Trunk

This show evoked standing ovations at least 95% of the time. If you don't have the tape I suggest you get it to see a real working act. The coolest thing is that the entire show packed over the counter at the airline. This show could be done on the largest stadium stage, or the smallest banquet room dance floor completely surrounded if neccessary. This is the real meaning of pack small, play big.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Everyone should stufy the Denny & Lee performance video. I want to put the sword basket back into my show after watching the video. I stopped doing it when I started focusing on comedy and it has been gathering dust in my garage.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2005-07-05 18:24, puckmagic wrote:
I worked in the Denny & Lee Show as an assistant for many years and the illusions featured were:

Sword Basket
Sword Suspension
Canvas Covered Trunk

What's a Canvas Covered Trunk?
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Where can I get the video?

Thanks,
Richard
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Michel,

The Canvas Covered Trunk is a much more mystifying version of the Sub Trunk. It is essentially a subtrunk that is covered completely with canvas and tied shut. The magician and assistant switch places. Denny does a fantastic job of having both the inside, outside of the trunk, the lid and the canvas covering examined during the routine. For those who think that the SubTrunk is mystifying in itself, the Canvas covering all 4 sides of the box fries people.

Richard,

It can be ordered through Denny's website if they are still available. The last I heard, he was out of them in the Baltimore store but had shipped me one from the Vegas location. http://www.dennymagic.com

Michael
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Thanks Michael, I found it.

Richard
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks Michael. Happy Snipe hunting.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

LOL....Thanks. Actually, I was telling Chance at the IBM Convention last week that as funny as the bit has been for me, I think I am going to reshoot the video at nightime using nightvision. It will give me more chances to get some good bits and jokes out of it. But I was quite happy with what we came up with back in April with only an hour worth of lead time.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Try studying Andrew Mayne's books and booklets. He has a lot to offer that packs small and plays big, but of course you have to make them yourself.
Don
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Don
All classic not assistant illusions well serve you. Just make sure it is professional grade equipment.

Don
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I recently bought Peter Loughran's Head Rush and found it to be excellent. It packs flat and is inexpensive and packs a punch. This is good if you like shock magic type of stuff.
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
I just picked up time warp. After reading the description I'm pretty sure I know how it works, a clever illusion that packs flat, light, and I think it will get good reactions. Does anyone else have this illusion? If so what are your opinions on it?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Michael,

Abbotts produces the canvas covered trunk also. Great effect, adds time (and mystery) to the illusion. Can almost be done as a challenge illuion/escape. Only problem is trunk is out of site for a bit longer than the "normal" sub trunk.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 18:40, lowphat wrote:
I just picked up time warp. After reading the description I'm pretty sure I know how it works, a clever illusion that packs flat, light, and I think it will get good reactions. Does anyone else have this illusion? If so what are your opinions on it?

Sorry, the actual name of the illusion is Time Barrier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pack flat play big illusion? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL