The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Harlan's Pro Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey folks. I picked up a bag of Pro Bands from Dan Harlan this weekend, and I have to say they really are great.

I have been using the same 2 rubberbands for six straight days, and they're really none the worse for wear.

Previously, I was getting my bands from Office Depot, and they would "fray" (if that's the right word) within a few hours of constant use. Naturally, they would break soon after.

These pro bands have really been abused these past 6 days. I've stretched them, shot them across the room, and performed CMH about 80,000 times. They still have plenty of elasticity and I don't feel like they plan on giving out any time soon. No little knicks or growing weak spots at all.

Great rubberbands, available from a great performer. $5 per bag of 200, available from Dan Harlan.
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'd also like to add that these bands work great for the Band through Wrist routine, which I learned from Greg Wilson's Off the Cuff, though I believe it's available a few other places.

These bands look much more convincing for this effect than the standard Office Depot bands.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Are these the same as the ones by Camirand Magic?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hmm, I thought I posted my reply to this earlier, but it doesn't seem to be here now...

I have no idea if these are the same as the bands available from Camirand. The ones from Dan come in a bag that is labelled "Dan Harlan's Pro Bands". No clue who his supplier is. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I saw Dan selling the bands at SCAM and I believe he said they were latex instead of rubber. I could have that backwards, but I think that is what he told me.

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yep. That's what I asked him. I recalled him saying that he preferred a latex band when he was guest of honor here at the Café. I asked him about that, and these are what he had to offer.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Harlan's Pro Bands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL