The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Moving to Chicago (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jared Lewis
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Jared Lewis
Hey everybody!

I am a native Houstonian, but this fall I will be attending the theatre school at Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston Illinois. Evanston is about a 30 minute L ride from downtown Chicago.

Unfortunatly, in Houston, I never really made my way much into the magic scene. I have always been so busy with stuff. But I would like to try to attend become a littl more a part of the magic community once I get up to Chicago.

So, any other magician here from the Chicago area? Are there any magic stores in Chicago? What rings are there in the area? Any good shows I could see? Any advice in general?

Anyway, thanks so much for any responses!

Cheers
Jared Lewis
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Chicago is a great magic town. Not as many places to watch magic as there used to be but plenty of magicians and good shops. Pack a coat, some Texans find the winters a bit chilly. LOL

I'm sure you'll get some responses, lots of Chi-Town Magi on this site.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
There's actually a new club in a suburb called Roselle. It's very good so far and we're going to have Daryl as the first lecture this month. PM me if you want details on that. There's a really good magic shop called Midwest Magic, http://www.midwestmagic.net is their website.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hi Jared,
Check out my blog/site :
http://greaterchicagomagic.blogspot.com
It doesn't get updated as much as I would like, but there is some useful info on there.
Welcome to Chi-Town!

Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Jared Lewis
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Jared Lewis
Thanks guys!

Very nice site Jack Smile. I've checked out the website for all the magic shops. Can't wait to stop by. Smile

I will hopefully see some of yall around!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Moving to Chicago (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL