The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Seminar in PA Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Curtis, I just got back myself and it is 2:30 am... a group of us (including Kainoa) hung around until 1:30 am.

It was fun, more to come...
Click to visit:
wdmonroe
View Profile
New user
va beach, va
33 Posts

Profile of wdmonroe
I had a blast. Learned alot. Made a lot of friends. I was sorry that I had to leave right away to get back here to Va Beach. I left in such a rush I left with another guy's material. I would just like to say thank you to everyone and for rekindling my love for coin magic. Hope to see you all there at the next one. Cheers,

Bill

PS A lot of material to work through. Did Geoff get around to doing some backclipping or will that have to wait til next time.
as you help others; you in turn help yourself.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Loved it! Better than the first one. (I still can't believe I was the only one who went to both.) Although it was only scheduled to go until 6:00, it went until almost 10:00 and then most of us went to dinner afterward, so we got more than our money's worth -- and it was great to finally meet everyone face to face.

Thanks to all the presenters and of course to Marc for being our host.

If you haven't picked up any of Kainoa's stuff yet, GET IT! The guy's amazing!
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Rob,

I guess your a veteran....Better than the first one????
Dude, I'm jealous - I still refer to the material from number one.

Okay, when does number three come around Smile
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Thanks, Ted. "Veteran" certainly sounds more prestigious than "roady", which is what David Roth dubbed me.

I really shouldn't say this was "better" than last time. Each seminar was great in its own right for different reasons. The intimate setting of Seminar 1 provided more one-on-one time with the presenters and the attendees, which I missed this time around. However, with over twice as many people in attendance, the Philly session contained a tremendous amount of talent, not to mention varying perspectives on presentation style, misdirection, etc. Dan Watkins was kind enough to perform some of his effects from COINVANISH 2 and I got to see what all the hubbub is about. And Kainoa's stuff is just mind-boggling. We also got to see more jaw-dropping routines from the Mikes (Gallo and Rubinstein), Geoff, and Dave -- and you would not believe Marc DeSousa's collection of magic books, products, and posters.
David Melnick
View Profile
New user
Madison, WI
23 Posts

Profile of David Melnick
I have to agree with everyone else. Having just gotten into magic, and mostly coin magic at that, only 2 years ago, and after having spent hundreds of dollars on videos, books, DVD's, etc, it was great to meet the NY guys and see their greatness. They obviously enjoyed teaching us, and never rushed through things, going well over the scheduled finish time. I would have enjoyed spending hours with them just learning about the history of coin magic (David Roth showed some wonderful videos of late, great coin men of the past including Goshman, Slydini, Vernon and Al Flosso- hilarious!) and the modern history of coin magic, from the 1970's.

And it humbled me to no end seeing all the other participants showing off their talents- Eric's karate coin and others. The one thing I would like in the next seminar would be more breakout sessions, allowing me to present routines to the pros and have them give me pointers, from the level of my execution of the sleights to the way I present the routines, speed, timing, misdirection, etc. While one expert teaches, a small group could gather in another room and go over routines to get more one-on-one teaching.

Overall, it was a great experience and one I hope to repeat next year.
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
The experience of this seminar was of extreme value for me. Learning from five of the best masters in coin magic was an excellent experience for me. I flew all the way from Texas to PA. I left at 1:00 pm on friday and arrived at 3:00 am on Saturday because weather conditions. But every effort, dollar, sacrifice and minute I spend was worth it. Besides having the opportunity to meet in person all these master of the art, we learned new stuff directly from them. They helped us correct our sleights and improve what we know so far as well as practice the new material that they show us hand to hand. To finalize this experience it was a pleasure to hung around with all of them as Dan said until 1:30.

If there is another seminar in the future and it is in Tumbuctu I will not hesitate at all getting there to meet with my new friends, David, Geoff, Kaiona, Michael, Dan and Ph.

Thanks to all

Joaquin
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
It was good seeing you again Joaquin. I just realized there are two threads here on this same topic, my mini report of the event is HERE.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Seminar in PA Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL