The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Not your choice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mishel
View Profile
New user
Israel
100 Posts

Profile of Mishel
The performer introduces the idea of subliminal advertisements.

“I am sure there is not a single person here who doesn’t know what ‘Coca Cola‘ is. But making you know that some product exist is not the best an advertising company can do for a product. The best advertisers know how to make the costumer WANT the product, and I can assure you that Coca Cola has the best advertisers out there. You see the product everywhere, even if you are not aware of it. On cars, in the movies, on billboards and TV commercials. I bet most of you would rather have a Coke than a glass of water. It is imprinted in you at this stage.

The scary thing is that you don’t know just how strong this desire is”.

The performer picks a spectator for the next demonstration.

“I am going to write a question on this piece of paper and in a moment you will have to answer the question. Don’t worry, it’s not difficult. In fact, I want you to answer the question without knowing what it is!”

The performer finishes writing the question and folds the piece of paper twice.

“I am going to make it somewhat easier by telling you that it’s a multiple choice question, meaning you can answer A, B, C or D.

Now consider this for a moment and tell me what is the answer. Again, do not worry about the truth since this question has no one true answer. The answer for me will likely be different then the answer for you.

B? The answer for the question for you is B?
That is what I figured, you can never beat a good advertising company!”

The spectator opens the piece of paper and reads the following.

When thirsty I like to drink:
A. Water
B. Coca Cola
C. Water
D. Water

This is a different presentation for Max Maven's "Your Choice" (Prism).
I think a good follow up effect might be Banachek’s effect where he uses a deck of cards with big companiy logos on them. You proceed by saying that you can use the same subtle techniques advertising companies use to demonstrate the next effect and do Banachek’s effect.

mmm...
Mishel.
Don't let the same dog bite you twice.
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Great idea Mishel and good presentation. I agree that Banacheks Logo effect (Loco logo) fits perfect and so you can build a whole routine around subliminal influence. Since this always was and is a very hot topic for some people you can creat a very emotional and personal effect for some.

Maybe you'll be offered a good paid job at an advertisment company after such performance. Smile

Will play around with this wonderful idea. Thanks.

Greetings
Thomas

Just a little touch to your idea came to my mind. Maybe it would be nice to have 4 real different drinks (f.i. bottel of cola, beer, wine and water) hidden in 4 bags.

Now the spectator takes one and than you show that you predicted that you wanted him the take the right drink. The prediction is visible the whole routine of course (envelope, etc.)

All within the context of Mishel's wonderful subliminal influence pattern of course.
So you have a little theatrical piece of mentalism which makes you look like the best advertiser.
Like the idea more and more.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Mishel
View Profile
New user
Israel
100 Posts

Profile of Mishel
But if the spectator has a free choice of four drinks (inside the bags) he might take something else other than the Coke which may ruin the effect.

However, we can turn the effect around and make it more interesting.

On a table, you set four well known soda products in a row.
Coca Cola, Pepsi, Sprite and one other well known soda can. (I don't know what is well known in Austria...)

Anyway, in the patter above, you have to change the Coke to a "Soft Drink".
After you say that you bet most will prefer a soft drink over a glass of water you continue with:
"Making you prefer a soft drink over a glass of watter is an easy task, the hard one is making you prefer a specific soft drink over all other kinds of soft drinks".

You invite a spectator to choose any soda can he would like. They are all visible and he just grabs one. You tell him to open it and have a sip of the cold drink.
"Was it a good choice?"

After he made his choice, let's say it was "Caca Cola", you say:
"I am glad you chose the coke. That means I am doing a good job in the advertising company". You show that the prediction matches the soft drink he chose and add, "and if you didn't notice, I am doing my job right now!"
Mishel.
JohnLamberti
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
420 Posts

Profile of JohnLamberti
Though I'm not familiar with the particular effect your routine is based on, the premise is really neat. Nice job Smile
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
My suggestion was just a further thought on this. The idea with the four soft drinks etc. is good. As mentioned above I love the whole storyline around this.

Really good job Mishel.
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
335 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
The Coca Cola brand is so world-wide popular, that this presentation would work perfectly in Israel too.

Of course I wouldn't take away your idea - only let you know you can tour in Israel and have a great time with it.

Have fun!
Roi.
Mishel
View Profile
New user
Israel
100 Posts

Profile of Mishel
Well, Roi, I should know.
I live in Israel too.
:)
Mishel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Not your choice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL