The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The most important feedback questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Today I just added a "feedback" form to my website so that when someone books me for a show, they can fill out this form. It then gives them a number to recieve 15% off the next show they book me for. I was wondering though, what things I want to be most concerned about to improve my show. I know what's important to me, but what is important to the client? So far I have:

*Name/Company
*Date of show
*Location of show
*How satisfied were overall with the entertainment? -Select a choice-very satisfiedmostly satisfiedsomewhat satisfiedsomewhat dissatisfiedvery dissatisfied
*Please check boxes which indicate statements were true regarding the entertainment recieved
The entertainment was professional
Dann was punctual
The entertainment was well prepared
The entertainment was enjoyable
I feel I got my money's worth
I did not feel that I needed to worry about anything regarding the entertainment
Dann was easy to work with
The price was reasonable
Dann was easy to relate to and made the guests feel comfortable
I would hire Dann for entertainment again in the future
I would recommend Dann to others seeking entertainment

Please share any additional comments about the entertainment inluding areas you liked as well as areas that could be improved. I take you comments seriously to help improve the quality and value of my entertainment.

This is what I have so far. I'd like to hear any comments about possible changes, deletions or additions. Thanks for reading.
Dann
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
You should create an urgency to rebook the event the next year or when ever the next time this event is scheduled. You can tell your clients that your rates are subject to change and if they go ahead and rebook you for next years event They can retain you for the same great price. Have something they can fill out to rebook you.

I would also ask for at least three referals. Let your clients know the more help you get with marketing will leave you with more resources to add quality to your performance.

I would ask what were their favorite and least favorite parts of the performance.

I would also ask for any suggestions to make the whole over all experience better.
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Great ideas! Thanks so much. I'm going to have to put some of these ideas into place. Referals are a great way to book shows. I appreciate the help.
Dann
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Let us know how this works for you. I have never had much luck with oinline or mail back forms. I get them now on the spot and I have recieved 100% this way.
Most important question what you can do to improve your program.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
The idea of filling out the form at the end of the performance is the best way to go. Offering the discount if they give you the form and book within 30 days gives motivation to give you repeat business.

Ask if you can quote the customer in future advertising.

Offer discounts for referrals who book you for a show.

Keep your review questions to a minimum. If it's too much work, they will skip it.

Being punctual, professional and well-prepared should happen without question. You know if you are late/unprepared or weren't professional.
Getting your money's work and being reasonably priced go hand in hand.
Same goes for being easy to work with and easy to relate to.

The big three:
What did you like best about the show?
What would you like to see changed for future shows?
Comments/suggestions

Good Luck.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'm also interested in a question that I haven't added to my form, but am thinking about adding and here it is: What factors decided you to choose "my stage name" rather than another entertainer?

What do you guys think of that question? I'm interested to see how my advertising and/or word of mouth is going.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Interesting question... Would you offer multiple choice (word of mouth, internet, yellow pages), or leave it open ended? What is the most important factor in selecting entertainment?

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I always use my feedback forms and include it in my thank you kit that I give to the client at the end of the event. I also always make my form simple with multiple choice. However, I also have an area under each question that gives them an area to write in comments. I find that giving them a multiple choice form, makes it as easy for them to fill out and send back to me as I can.

Also make sure you send along to them a SASE for them to mail it back to you in. It sounds pretty common sense, but you would be suprised at how many folks do not do this. Your job is to make it as easy for them to fill this out as possible.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2005-07-25 02:17, JamesinLA wrote:
I'm also interested in a question that I haven't added to my form, but am thinking about adding and here it is: What factors decided you to choose "my stage name" rather than another entertainer?

What do you guys think of that question? I'm interested to see how my advertising and/or word of mouth is going.

Jim

Really, you have 2 questions here.

How did you hear about us?

Why did you choose our act, as opposed to another?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Great questions to ask. You want to keep your questions brief and to the point but also have the question there that can be of the most value to you and to growing your show.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
I'm creating my first feedback form.

This is what I want to know from my clients. Everything else is (in my very humble opinion) superfluous.

Did the children seem to enjoy the program?

May I quote you on my website or other advertising?

What are the children talking about the most?

What was your overall impression of the show?

Would you recommend the show to others?
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
"May I quote you" was meant to be at the end
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » The most important feedback questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL