The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Farewell Scotty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
James Doohan, the burly chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise in the original "Star Trek" TV series and movies who responded to the command "Beam me up, Scotty," died Wednesday. He was 85.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I will always remember him, not just for being the worlds most efficient engineer, but for a story he told on a Star TRrek special about helping a woman not comit suicide. He just kept inviting her to the next show, and the next, until she realized she wanted to live. He was not a therapist by any means, but there is one woman who is still here because of him...

So lets open up those pearly gates, because there is one to beam up.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
You cannot change the laws of physics, and, sadly, we all face the Final Frontier at some time. But how nice to leave this world with the legacy of one of the great TV characters, in SF or any other genre.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 20:30, M. Perk wrote:
James Doohan, the burly chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise in the original "Star Trek" TV series and movies who responded to the command "Beam me up, Scotty," died Wednesday. He was 85.

Speaking as a Star Trek geek, he will be missed.

Also speaking as a Star Trek geek, I would like to point out that in none of the live-action series did Captain Kirk ever say, "Beam me up, Scotty". The closest he ever came was in Star Trek IV, when he said, "Scotty, beam me up." This phrase was actually used by Kirk on Star Trek: The Animated Series and by Captain Picard on an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Favorite line "But they called the Enterprise a GARBAGE SCOW!!!" (from "The Trouble With Tribbles"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
And McCoy isn't here to say "He's dead Jim".
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
God bless you, Mr. Doohan, and your alter ego, Mr. Scott. It was you who taught me all I ever needed to know about contracting: Declare the difficulty of the job at hand, emphasize the impossibility of attempting -- let alone completing -- it, inflate the time needed to perform it, and then deliver it before deadline.

Save me a pad in the transporter room, Scotty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Farewell Scotty (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL