The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Concealments? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
I have a question, once I manage to master the coin concealments in 'Modern Coin Magic by JB Bobo', how hard is it then to translate (turn into) these into actual vanishes?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Concealments, transfers and acquiements, then vanishes. That covers the mechanics, still need some acting to make an effect.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The short answer is: "very".
The mechanics of making a coin disappear are simple: you either pretend to put it in one hand and don't, or you pretend to take it and don't.

The problem is that when you do either of these things and a coin seems to disappear it's human nature to look at your other hand. After all, when you lose something don't you start looking for it in the last place you know for certain that it was?

That's why simply making a coin disappear is a bad idea unless you ditch the coin before you reveal that it's gone. Besides, simply making a coin vanish is a pretty poor trick compared to other tricks that are easier to put across.

So instead of rushing to perform a coin trick that will teach your friends to ask to see what's in "that" hand, resist the temptation and study Bobo's until you have learned some of the stuff in the tricks and routines section. A good first trick to learn is Gadabout Coins. It will allow you to use your skills in a way that is baffling without the "danger" of being dirty when they want to ask the question you don't want to answer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Concealments? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL