The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Simple street magic routines with audience participation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

8BG
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
38 Posts

Profile of 8BG
Hi all,

I'm looking for some simple street magic routines which can be performed surrounded by large crowd. Of course it's more fun to watch if you're able to participate so it would be nice if there's any audience participation involved.

For example I read at Lance Burton's site a cool effect in which audience members call out different items which are all noted on pieces of papers. From all those papers the magician (or an audience member!) draws one and the item on that piece of paper appears.

Of course the twisting arm is a good one here too.

Who can tell me more of such tricks?

Your input is appreciated,
8BG
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Quote:
On 2005-07-23 18:21, 8BG wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for some simple street magic routines which can be performed surrounded by large crowd.

This is called busking. And a rope trick may do.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Also you could do ACR and have them place the card in the deck.. or rip a card... or have one spectator send you thought signals etc...
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
Any kind of mentalism. Of course any card trick. Another of my favorites is the crazy man's handcuffs.
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
8BG
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
38 Posts

Profile of 8BG
Thanks for the tips.
Since I'm not familiar with all those names (I'm a juggler from origin) can you explain how these tricks look like?

I think card tricks are difficult because of the large crowd. They won't be able to have a close look on what's happening.

Thanks anyhow!

8bg
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
Probably one of the best ways to keep a large crowd involved is by calling up spectators to interact with you. These spectators can work with and see smaller details and therefore demonstrate the reaction the rest of the audience should give. To the rest of the audience, your show does not necessarily become a display of your great skill, but rather your ability to get great reactions from anyone in the crowd. The audience thinks "Wow, if I were up there, I'd have the same reaction!"

I agree that mentalism will work in these situations. Also look into the jumbo version of the ID. I saw a magician perform this using someone's cell-phone speaker phone to reveal the card thought of by someone that the volunteer knew and wasn't present. It received a great reaction! You might also want to try a bill/card to lemon (or cantaloupe), very visual and you could incoporate some good humor elements.

-Eric D.
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
There are some card tricks that work fine, although they may not often be done for a finale of a busking show. You can do card to pocket, or a cards across routine, or a rising card effect.

But the best routines to do in a large groups are the ones buskers do--ropes, rings, cups and balls.
Chris
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
How large do you want the crowd to be?
card effects are fine up to 50 people. if you can have them up close.
more than that.. its nt really that manageable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Simple street magic routines with audience participation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL