The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Criss Angel BON (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Just want to know what you guys think...in case you have not seen it they will be rerunning the episode on A&E this week.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It was the greatest half hour of television EVER produced.

Okay, first off... I have never been so scared in my life. What he did on the bed of nails could have ended horribly wrong. They shot Banachek, Luke Jermay and I all saying that we would NEVER do this stunt. Right before the stunt, I called my wife and told her to watch the 11 pm news as there was a very good possiblity that Criss would be killed.

The bed itself was Criss's design and he had those nails 3 inches apart. It was built before I got out to Vegas and I strongly suggested that they rebuild it. It was much more difficult than it needed to be, but that's what Criss wanted.

As a side note, it's amazing that Criss is calling all the shots... literally. There is no writer on the show. Criss does that. There is no director of photography. Criss lets the camera guys know what he wants and trust them to get it. I have never seen someone have so much responsiblity and also have to be in front of the camera.

This is Criss's best trick.
Anubis
View Profile
New user
Kingsport, TN
68 Posts

Profile of Anubis
Quote:
On 2005-07-28 00:18, Todd Robbins wrote:
It was the greatest half hour of television EVER produced.
I agree. The bed of nails was very impressive.
"Is this your card?"

"No."
*throws deck*
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Not worthy, Not worthy...

Todd I am not worthy!!!!!

:)

I was SO AMAZED and Dropped my jaw. I wasn't expecting to see the great todd robbins during the show!

Man that was incredible.

I LOVE YOU Todd.

Just wanted to tell you how amazing you are.I always respected you. Now my respect is beyond words.

Imagine if jay cutler was a magician! (do a search on the guy). We would have bed of nails 10 inches apart with a train on top!!!! He...a bodybuilder thing. But do search.

Criss has always been one of my favorite magicians. Just because he truely is pushing the art. Which most magicians tend to disregard. They just LOVE to post the bad things.What Criss is doing truely is guiding magic atleast in a new road. Magic forced to develope better effects and break all the "limits."Unlike that masked magician . Criss does it with style.

My hat goes off to Todd and Criss. (oh wait I don't have a hat...haha...joking). But yeah INCREDIBLE guys.

Love both of you.

Ps. If you could point me out to a way of performing the needle swallowing thing it would be great.I find it near impossible unless you have some sort of latex or makeup gimmick in your stomach or your bellybutton is naturally like angel's. I can do automatic razor blades but have no clue on the way houdini did it. (like angel I am guessing from mouth). Is atleast the houdini method available?

Have a great day guys. I know that show made my day. VERY MAGICAL.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The bed of nails was awesome beyond belief. I sat on the edge of my proverbial seat. Well done, Very well done.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
Quote:
I can do automatic razor blades but have no clue on the way houdini did it. (like angel I am guessing from mouth). Is atleast the houdini method available?

The version I do of the swallowing needles is in Tarbell 4. I"ve been doing it the past 2 weeks and people really love it.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I got a call tonight from Banacheck and Criss. The ratings for MindFreak are great and there looks like there may be a second season for the series. That means another 21 shows! It will be interesting to see if the momentum of the first two weeks can be sustained.
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
I agree, terrific show. I had never seen Cruss before and tuned in out of curiosity,but when I saw both Johnny Thompson and Todd Robbins, I knew I was in the right place. Good work.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Show was good.
my only "complaint" is that in my eyes I thought that the human blockhead was not given that much of an importance, and it was not presented in a way to show that it's a dangerous stunt.
even the glass walking was presented as if "let's do this thing now, we have nothing better to do, anyone can do it without much prior rehearsal and preparation"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
There is 24 actual minutes of show in each episode. The result is hours of material is wittled down to fill the episode. Sometimes that means rushing through or glossing over details due time limitations. When I do blockhead live, the routine is about 8 minutes long. On Mind Freak, I did in in about 15 seconds. The glass walk took about 45 minutes to do and was squeezed into less than a minute. That's just the nature of the beast.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Todd you were great(as always)and Criss's stunt was amazing, I've done 300 lbs on a bon, but a hummer...WOW, btw, todd please pm me with some contact info I would like to chat about a few things...
Thanks
Brett Loudermilk
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
Quote:
On 2005-07-29 00:54, Todd Robbins wrote:
...It will be interesting to see if the momentum of the first two weeks can be sustained.

I was wondering the same thing myself Todd. I hope so. Criss is a great guy and his show is tipping the fact to mainstream America that our art deserves respect because of the amount of hard work that goes into it.
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Criss Angel BON (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL