The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind´s New Memorized Breakthrough Card System vs. Mnemonica (Tamariz Stack) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
Has anyone learned both methods?
I've learned the Breakthrough Card System. I love this method, this cyclical deck. And know I want to use a memorized stack.
Today I have bought the ebook "Memorized Breakthrough Card System", by Richard Osterlind (a deck that is cyclical and memorized). I wish to know if there is anybody who could advice me, to study the mnemonica method (tamariz stack) or the new Memorized Breakthrough Card System e book (Richard Osterlind). Let´s make a review of both methods.

Anyone knows both or have any thoughts on which one they like better and why?

Thank you,
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
silent hill
View Profile
New user
germany / capital
27 Posts

Profile of silent hill
As far as I know, with the Osterlind breakthrough card system (which I personally find very attractive and use it) you are able, if once learned the structure, doing your stuff without memorizing any cards and their positions. you don't have to practice over and over. Performing with this stack is all you need to have it always in mind!
in copmarison with the JT Stack the possibilities are limited. The JT Stack is a really good Stack with which you can jazz...only sky's the limit. You can do whatever comes in your mind =) In fact, you have to memorize the hole Stack, then you know every card and it's exact position.
For example you can let someone name any card, and you exactly know where to cut to (count to etc). With the OBCS you can't. Both are different systems, so it's up to you if you want to learn the JT Stack. Take a look in the great Mnemonica, which is a huge encyclopedia of this marvelous stack. There are ways to get into the JT stack from a new pack order with only a few shuffles and faros. And then you're ready to kill. It takes time...a lot of...but is worth it if you want to do a lot of killing card routines...(but wonder, if you will have then enough time to practice and express your mentalskills)

s.h.
MaGiCoH
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
167 Posts

Profile of MaGiCoH
Hi silent hill.
Richard Osterlind , with the help of Harry Lorayne, wrote a manuscript, the MEMORIZED BCS . This manuscript has information on how to memorize the deck that is stacked into BCS.

This topic is not about BCS vs. Tamariz stack (mnemonica). But is about the new MEMORIZED BCS vs. Tamariz Stack (mnemonica).
     ´ H `

"Seeking the purest mentalism"

http://www.omentalista.com
silent hill
View Profile
New user
germany / capital
27 Posts

Profile of silent hill
Thank you MaGiCoh! didn't know that there is a new one. as I mentioned I do it with the BCS. Should look for the new one!
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
169 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
I use the Tamariz stack; You have thte advantage over the breakthrough system in that you know the exact position of everycard in the deck. However you will need to have sometype of memory system to learn it. (If you like mathematical stacks- I think Doug Dyment's Quick stack is a good option- from Mindsights)
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
The thing to remember is the Tamariz stack like the Aronson's has effect built into it, unlike many of the others mentioned (MBCS, etc) if all you want is the Basic card & number type of effect (s) then any memorised stack is ok......

Dave
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I'd perfer Osterlind's over Tamariz. Yes Tamariz has those built in subtleties, but I would never use any of them, but I do use the mathmatical concept of Osterlind's a lot. Then once I purchased the memory book by Harry Lorayne, I just memorized the Osterlind stack. I say for me the only upper hand Tamariz's stack has over Osterlind's to me is it can be done straight out of the box.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
Just to clarify: can one get into the Tamariz stack from a new deck without rearranging the whole thing? In other words, is there a procedure for going from new-deck order to the Tamariz stack vaguely analogous to the Si Stebbins Secret that Darwin Ortiz developed? How long does it take?

Thanks --
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Yes there is. In have no idea how long it takes, probably less than a minute.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind´s New Memorized Breakthrough Card System vs. Mnemonica (Tamariz Stack) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL