The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Three in one CT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

silent hill
View Profile
New user
germany / capital
27 Posts

Profile of silent hill
Hi,

I don't really know much about CT, when to do when not to do, for how many people etc etc..(i'm not too long into mentalism)

but I was wondering, when trying to come up with some original handlings (Osterlind CT for example), if anyone ever made a three at a time CT? I mean, is it something you would do if you could? I don't know, maybe there are a lot of methods...if so I would then post the method I came up one day...if not, I would also share my thoughts on it...

please don't hesitate showing me the right directions on this stuff...
thanx,s.h.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Three...what?
Thoughts?
Spectators?

Sven
silent hill
View Profile
New user
germany / capital
27 Posts

Profile of silent hill
Sorry, mean three specs writing their "thoughts" on sheets, and I do the work with CT. have them write their thing down, I take the first folded one, tear into let's say a ashtray, take the next one and so on. Clear? If not, please tell me. I'll give my best to be as clear as you need me to be...thanx
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Silent,

I often do something like that. You do the PCT with the first person, but delay getting the information. Pick up the second slip and tear it. Divulge the first name and when everyone is reacting, glimpse the second. Continue that way for the third if you are doing three.

Richard
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
Welcome to the Café, S.H.

Isn't this great? You ask an intelligent question and you get "Mr. Perfected Center Tear" giving you tips. Free. Just to be nice.

I love it.
silent hill
View Profile
New user
germany / capital
27 Posts

Profile of silent hill
Hi Richard,

thank you for your approach to that question! I will definetely think about using your way for some occasions (especially impromptu). What I came up with looks like this:

I let three specs take the slips from the table in front of me (or hand them out) and write their things on it, let them fold the slips and place it back in front of me in a row or however so that everybody has the folded slips in full view. then comes things like...the writings are for the connection etc...

the work begins and is really slow without any misdirection extremely slow and in full view. take first one, tear it and drop the pieces in an ashtray, a bag, whatever fits. (I don't know anything till the end) do then the same with the second and slowly with the third. nothing has happend till the third one is torn.
now I sit back and relax. patter (also while the tearing procedure, relaxed). reach into my jacketpocket (the "youknowwhich" hand)and bring out a leadpen and begin to draw and write things on my notepad while I'm revealing the informations (my acting looks like Richard's Q&A acting, Thought Scan I think). everything happens really slow. this blows the people, no hesitation, nothing. Even magicians and mentalists doesn't catch anything. Plus: I can decide, which one I'm going to reveal first, second etc...and after all is done, in case I haven't burned the pieces in the ashtray, people can examine the pieces if they wish to. can hand out everything to them...

the only knack is, it is not really impromptu. perfect for every occasion where you perform for audience (close up, stand up, stage whatever).

Thanx for your warm welcome, Blackwood =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Three in one CT (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL