The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Is a table needed when busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
I was wondering could I just use my close up case and work standing up when busking or should I use a table to do it?

thanks
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Any way that works for you is the right way. try it out.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Depends on your act.
a table does give a place for the focus of your act.
very convenient for many effects.

it's probably easier to gather people with a table
and attracts some attention by default.

I guess jugglers don't need a table... or a mime.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
I don't need a mime either
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I don't think a table is necessary yet it does provide some advantages for framing your performance. It makes for a great stage. I guess it is all dependant upon your style, effects, and interaction with the crowd.

I love performing the cups and balls so for me I prefer a table. Even though the cups and balls can be performed on the ground I think this effect has better visibility on a table.
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I think I have seen and answered this question before....

But anyway... My table has a full drape around it, with signage on it, proclaiming Brother David, Family Safe Magic!

So not only is it a base of operations, a place to store and recover props, but it keeps me from constantly having to tell people "Do not be afraid. I am not totally insane, a con man, or a pervert. I am just a harmless magician."

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
At least you understand that if you're not going to use the table, you don't need it. I have a friend that wouldn't use the table, but wouldn't stop standing behind it when he was performing.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Is a table needed when busking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL