The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What got you interested and inspired to perform street magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Here's a link some reflections on how I got inspired...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=6

Enjoy!
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Long ago I was in Tenerife (Canaries Islands) as a O.P.C. for a "Time-Shared" Company (commissions paid weekly) and Magi in a lounge at night (also paid weekly), and somebody stole my rented car with my wallet inside (yes, what a moron, eh?), so I was desperately in need of money, I didn't have a single Peseta in my pocket, so I start doing magic on the street (a mix of parlor and close up) passing the hat at the end.
I remember I did like $ 70 in two hours (enough to live many days, at the time), I did enjoy doing magic for total strangers on the street, and the atmosfere of been "free" to work and earn money as I liked... So, the work I had as O.P.C. was dangerous (because of the cops), and I switch the morning job in this lucrative, beautiful and safe job on the street.

Paolo Venturini
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2006-01-14 09:38, suspectacts wrote:
Here's a link some reflections on how I got inspired...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=6

Enjoy!

And Peter was the guy that inspired me to give it a try. I remember thinking, "This guy is having a blast and so am I watching. What a way to make a living."

Bringing a good time to folks truly is a great way to make a living.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I sore a guy in CG vanish a red silk hanky in front of what must have been hundreds. For the first time I new I was face to face with real magic. Captured under his spell I could not sleep with the thought of it. This true master of deception had changed the cause of my life. I new I had the gift of the gab but what I lacked was the true power of the Magi. To this day I do not know his name; he is a legend of my past. Perhaps one day you will see this great sorcerer vanish a little red hanky in front of a large crowd. If you do be sure to tip him and then say "Mario says thank you" To this day I don’t know how he made it vanish but I can guess how you made it appear from his ass.
Mario
PS This was truely my inspiration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What got you interested and inspired to perform street magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL