The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-08-06 12:51, RS1963 wrote:
Another thing I did (I am not proud of either.) I was walking to the store to pick up somethings. I was walking past the exit to the post office and some woman in her care was stoped waitning for traffic. The ever patient me not wanting to waite for her to move so I could continue on I walked around her car and smacked my head into a low street sign.

I smacked my head on a low street sign once! But I wasn't going around anyone, the street sign (indicating an upcoming exit to the highway) was across the sidewalk and I was looking down not realizing exactly _how_ low it was until I smacked into it.

Quote:
On 2006-04-13 19:10, magicleland wrote:
So far it's been trying hydroplane my bike!

Rode my bike on a frozen pond once. Since I didn't die I don't know if that constitutes the "dumbest" thing.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2007-09-28 21:47, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
At school yesterday, I was talking to a girl about french class. I said "I have Mrs. Grant as my french teacher. Who do you have?"

Her reply, I kid you not, sounded exactly like she said this: "My teacher is Mrs. Williams. She's The sexmaster."

I was stunned that she said this, but this state of shock soon turned into an uncontrollable fit of laughter when she told me that she actually said "My teacher is Mrs. Williams. I have her next semester."

There was an article in Reader's Digest from a guy who had this exact problem. He thought a neighbor was trying to "cash a check" for fifty cents and offered to take care of it for her. Turned out she was trying to "catch a chick" and the guy was the proud owner of a baby chicken for fifty cents. Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
If the dumbest thing you have ever done was misunderstand someone then you are ahead of the game.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My apologies. I started to tell a story here and found out I'd already told it later in the thread.

Gee, doing a dumb thing on a thread about dumb things! Do I get a medal?
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
I have two. I still wear the scars from both of them.
1. I was young...4th grade, probably. My parents were bowling with their league. I was keeping myslef occupied outside the bowling alley. I saw a piece of broken bottle, and decided that I simply must make it more broken. SO , I picked upa large stick, and began bashing it. It wouldnt break. Finally, I bashed it as hard as I could. Aparently, the stick caught the corner of the slightly curved pice of glass, and the glass came fying up to my face, where it struck me just bove the eyebrow. There was a lot of blood, as with all scalp and forehead injuries, but it healed on its own. The scar is a lot higher now.
2. 12 years old. I had two things...a cigarette lighter and the piece of gum I was chewing. I decided to see hwat would happen if I held a flame under the chewed gum. It bubbled and turnded black. Very cool to a 12 year old pyro. So I did it some more. Found out that, eventually, it WILL catch fire. No problem. Time to drop it. Uh-oh. It had gotten sticky in the air, and was stuck to my fingers. Now the fire is covering the whole piece of gum, and I gotta get rid of it NOW. So I proceed to shake it off. This brings us to our next problem. Heated gum gets very very stretchy. Next thing I see is a long string of flaming rubbery substance as it lands on my wrist, and continues burning. (I had inadvertantly made napalm.) I put it out, but when I tried to pull it off I discovered problem number 3: It had bonded to my skin, and when the gum came...the skin came with it. That scar is on my left wrist.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What Was the dumbest thing you ever did? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL