The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritual approach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Have the M5 already and ITR, still looking for gimmicks that give a ghostly effect or spiritual approach (ultra smoke 2000 is already on my list!) and please do not list thumb tips or the usual "any card/coin trick will do, it's just about the story line and presentation"

thank you in advance guys!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Don't buy ultra smoke, buy little smoke it is better.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I own Ultra Smoke 2000 but have not set it up or used it at all. I have decided to stay "low tech" instead and currently have it for sale on eBay. I have use Little Smoke for sometime now and do not like it much. It does work but the chemical seems to effect me quite strongly giving me an unpleasant buzz and a headache. You can get the very same chemical in other ways. Drop me a line if your curious as I do not want to blow a product out the water in an open forum.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Pkg, you've got two of the most potent principles (gimmick wise) right there, but a third would be the tipper principle, something like the psychokinetic pen.
This doesn't employ any high-tech gadgetry like motors, it's very low-tech actually, but clever. It was that pen that got me back into magic last year !
Let's see, what else..
I think a swami gimmick might count as essential, you can do some startling predictions and mind reading with any kind of swami. Mix a "Glorpy" into the routine, and you really have a ghostly manifestation effect.
Blister effects are also quite spooky, really, or at least, they can certainly be if presented as assault from a poltergeist !
The good ol' Haunted Key is another oldie but goodie, and again, very simple.
Another effect I like is Ghost Glass, where a hidden message (from beyond) is revealed.
PM me if you have any questions about these things.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Watch out for Ultrasmoke 2000. It uses a chemical that is toxic. The makers make some odd claims about it, but the byproducts are actually water and hydrochloric acid fumes.

There is also some titanium oxide released.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Thank you guys for ur replies! read lots of warnings about the chemicals used in ultra smoke, and I am being extremely careful! just a side note, I "mixed" the d'lite with ultra smoke (big puffs thoughs) pretty nice effect, writing a story for it! oh and added archangel to my list, gonna fool around with it for a couple of weeks put a story together n give it a test drive!

any suggestions would be the most welcomed!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Just about any smoke effect I know of currently on the market has some level of toxicity involved, as they all seem to be based on titanium chloride or similar.
However, there are other alternatives, they just need a boost in the technological application area.
Jim Pace is currently working on a way to mod a handheld fogger that's based on water and glycol, and I think those little ultrasonic humidifiers that you see around halloween now have promise too; if the power supplies can be made small enough, and portable, and the water can be encased in something spillproof that still allows the fog out.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
This is probably not what you are looking for, but I recall reading that Jay Scott Berry shows how how to constuct ultra small dry ice foggers that you can conceal in your hand on his "Mist Magic" video.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Where is the MIST VIDEO available from?
In Jay's site it is not listed anywhere
Cranial Fermentator
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Cranial Fermentator
Misdirections Magic Shop has it listed on their web site http://www.misdirections.com/videob.htm

I've never seen it, but I remember reading a review in "Linking Rings" a while ago.
I sure hope my memory isn't I faulty and that I am not leading you on a wild goose chase!

Paul
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Yeah but you have to buy dry ice by the pound and it sublimates after a little while making storage over long periods of time impossible.
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2005-08-18 23:37, Bill Palmer wrote:
Watch out for Ultrasmoke 2000. It uses a chemical that is toxic. The makers make some odd claims about it, but the byproducts are actually water and hydrochloric acid fumes.

There is also some titanium oxide released.

Titanium tetrachloride. Same crap you get in products designed for testing your fire alarms, and atmosphere testers, and some smoke machines.

Bill, I don't beleive water would be a by-product. But...what happens when that chemical or it's fumes come in contact with water/moisture (H2O), the chemical splits up into, hydrochlogic acid, and a number of titanium compunds including titanium oxide.

Not entirely a good idea to be using it. But I think it would be a legally advisable for dealers to be letting people know what was in it, and for the manufacturer to label it properly in case it is ingested, gets in the eyes, etc.

For a chemical like that, I can almost guarantee it is illegal to manfacture or sell without proper identification and warning. And from I have found, nobody has a clue what it is made of.

:cool:
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritual approach (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL