The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Underground Collection Vol 2 - brief review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jgodwin
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of jgodwin
I just bought Underground Collection Vol 2 from http://www.underground-collective.com - it's another one of their 'immediate download' ebooks (though there's a message to AOL users on the page, who have to change their settings first apparently).

I bought this partly because everything I've bought from there so far has been good material and partly on the strength of the video on the site. Have to say, that routine sold me the book...

Anyway, I printed it out and read through. I ran through a few of the easier routines in the book and for the time being read the explanations of some of the trickier stuff (actually, only 'Under 21' is really tricky - the rest is pretty straightforward, though a couple need a memorised stack).

Not a blow by blow account but the effects that stood out for me were:

Under 21 - just check out the video for this one.

Lisp Aces - an irreverent 'take' on the Christ 'Fabulous Ace' routine with some really nice motivation for the routine.

Danger UXB! - very easy routine and totally inexplicable. I really like this one.

It is Done - this routine is REALLY one step ahead. Interesting plot.

Also, the presentation for Simon Aronson's 'Past, Present, Future' routine included as a bonus is really, really nice.

So far, very positive. The only negative is perhaps the work required by Under 21 - but that's balanced by the potential satisfaction of getting it to work!

Production quality is high, wonderful front cover. Some real work and care put in to this. Sometimes you buy an ebook and it's little more than a text file. None of that here - superb workmanship!

The URL is: http://www.underground-collective.com/ef......ct_id=14

John.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Cheers John. There's more about it on the ebook section which may be more appropriate ? Perhaps this review could be copied there by a mod ?

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
GReaper
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of GReaper
I bought this recently and must say I'm very impressed.

The card routines are varied both in terms of style, content and difficulty - some of the material is extremely easy while the effect 'Under 21' requires a bit more work... but as the video demonstrates, the work is worthwhile.

As a bonus, you get a brief explanation of 'The Underground Change', though it's not as comprehensive a description as found in the manuscript of the same name (which I already have).

My favourite is 'Lisp Aces' - this is a really nice re-working of an effect I always liked. What I especially like about this version is that the logical patter that accompanies the effect.

"It is done" is *really* suprising though. The kicker on this one really hits 'em between the eyes. This is the effect I've most used for laymen from this ebook.

Anway, if you don't already have this ebook, take it from me, it's worth every penny. I won't bother saying about the great layout, cover etc - The Underground Collective *always* provide well presented material - that goes without saying.

I know the above makes it sound a bit sycophantic but there's so much stuff I've bought and been disappointed by that when I get something that represents outstanding value for money, I really want it to do well. Then maybe we'll see an 'Underground Collection V3' ;-)

George.
Grim Reaper

Top Childrens Entertaner (CRB checked)

(AKA Bob Stevens)
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Hi George,

Glad you like it.

Not sure if we're going to do an Underground Collection V3 or not. We're currently concentrating on a rather different project that's consuming a great deal of our time! V2 may be the last Collection and indeed may be soon removed from sale along with some of our other material, if this new project of ours happens as we'd like.

So if you want it and you don't have it, now's the time ;-)

The only thing we're committed to putting 'out there' now is the Heirloom Ebook which is near completion. We were once hoping to make this a hardcopy but that's just not practical currently. The good news of course, is it'll be a great deal cheaper in Ebook format than it would have been in hardback! This will be released in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Jamie.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Jamie,

is it possible to tell us a little bit more about the new project?

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Not yet, Magixx; we're not 100% certain we're going ahead with it yet. Should know pretty soon though.

Jamie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Underground Collection Vol 2 - brief review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL