The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Build at School (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I am in a shop class at school. I talked to my teacher about me building an illusion in the class. He wanted ideas about building large parlour or small stage sized props.
It sounds like a good idea, but I don't want to give away too much about the secrets of magic. If this sounds like a good idea, what are some possible tricks that we could build? We have a small class; less than 20 people will be building. Any suggestions?
-Tyler
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
If you can find a way to build the base at home, or anyway away from the class, stack of boxes is fairly easy to build. There are all sorts of things you could do, but you'd be giving the secret away to the class, and more importantly the teacher, who might pass the idea on to other classes. Be careful.

I used to have a nosey neighbor who was always trying to ferret out magic secrets. Sometimes I had to work with my garage door closed.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
477 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
How about a Die Box? It's easy to build and there are no secrets your really giving away since it's a gag type prop.
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
How about a Tear Apart Vanish box? The frames can all be made in the shop class, but you take the front frame home to add the gimmick in secret. Make the gimmick so that it is easily removable (hint: Velcro!). Then bring it back in to class to perform the trick everyone helped you build. They will have no idea how it is done (assuming you perform it correctly) and you can ditch the removable gimmick as you tear out the remains of the newspaper from the frames.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
There are many builds you can do that unless they know how exactly how the assistant fits into the box. Even in constructing it there is no need to give that away. Even a snake basket can be largely inspected without a hint of suspicion.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Cutting a girl in sixths would be a good one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Build at School (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL