The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lorayne Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
RoatC
I'm familiar with Lorayne's Out of this Universe, but he also has an impromptu shorter version, using less cards, in one of the two books that I mentioned.
Cliff Gregory Wollin
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Any body a fan of Best of Friends? Smile
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Oh, my mistake. Sorry, Greg. Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
[I also would recommend Lorayne's Impromptu Out of this World routine. I believe it's either in Personal Secrets or My Favorite Card Tricks book. It might be called something like Impromptu out of this Universe]- quote

Impromtu OOTW is explained in My Favorites Card Tricks. Before that book came out (1965) Harry showed me the effect and blew me away with it. It's very powerful but you have to "act" as if the cards you are pulling out of the deck are random.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
I would also have to agree on Close Up Card Magic. It was one that I started out with years ago when it was relatively new. It was published in '62 and I got it in the early 70's when I was a teenager. Wouldn't part with the book it is still a good book. However, Lorayne material is usually not the instant reset people are always looking for and it takes some work to master the material. But Harry's material kills.
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I hate Close-Up Card Magic!!
I don't know why i just do. There is not a single thing i like in it. I am obviously out numbered on this vote i just wish i had never bought it.
If you want unusual magic check out any David Acer material,
Owen
cfleming
View Profile
New user
Chris Fleming Long Beach, Ca.
81 Posts

Profile of cfleming
If you can find a copy. Quantum leaps in my opinion is by far one of his best books. I put it right up there with Close-up card magic.
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem.
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Card Classics of Ken Krenzel is by far and away his best book. imo

=+Euan

Quote:
On 2003-09-01 14:51, owen.daniel wrote:
I hate Close-Up Card Magic!!
I don't know why I just do. There is not a single thing I like in it. I am obviously out numbered on this vote I just wish I had never bought it.
If you want unusual magic check out any David Acer material,
Owen

Not even the Apex Ace? I thought that one was alright. Or Benzai's card through the table. But I agree, there is a lot of dross in there.

--Euan
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
I agree with most of the responses, Close-Up Card Magic is definitely worth the study! Another one of Lorayne's books I enjoyed was Quantum Leaps.

Unfortunately, one book that I purchased from Mr. Lorayne in which I was a bit dissapointed with was his recent tome, Personal Collection. I couldn't sleep waiting for this book and when it did I even took that day off from work!

The book does have a few items I thought were worth the study but overall I was not happy with the material. Down under deals and reverse faros-not quite my cup of tea. And at $150 and all the hype that went into this book, I expected more, a lot more. Just my thoughts.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Quote:
On 2003-09-21 17:24, mrmagik68 wrote:

Unfortunately, one book that I purchased from Mr. Lorayne in which I was a bit dissapointed with was his recent tome, Personal Collection.

And at $150 and all the hype that went into this book, I expected more, a lot more. Just my thoughts.

Roberto

I bought and anxiously waited for it also. Actually, I never gave the purchase a lot of thought - just keeping by Lorayne collection intact. It was the 1st time I ever felted totally hosed by Harry, with the possible exception of The Epitome Location.

Later.....
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Lorayne Books (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL